After Communion

hi, i was wondering if there was any specific prayers im supposed to say after receiving communion…? if not, then can anyone recommend good prayers for me to say… thanks god bless

there aren’t any specific prayers needing to be prayed after consuming the holy eucharist… but try going here to see if you like any of these:

Prayer After Receiving Holy Communion

Good resource… I use that Anima Christi.

Anima Christi
Soul of Christ, be my sanctification;
Body of Christ, be my salvation;
Blood of Christ, fill all my veins;
Water of Christ’s side, wash out my stains;
Passion of Christ, my comfort be;
O good Jesu, listen to me;
In Thy wounds I fain would hide;
Ne’er to be parted from Thy side;
Guard me, should the foe assail me;
Call me when my life shall fail me;
Bid me come to Thee above,
With Thy saints to sing Thy love,
World without end. Amen.

**Prayer Before A Crucifix **
Behold, O kind and most sweet Jesus,
I cast myself upon my knees in Thy sight,
and with the most fervent desire of my soul
I pray and beseech Thee that Thou wouldst impress upon my heart
lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity,
with true contrition for my sins, and a firm purpose of amendment,
while with deep affection and and grief of soul
I ponder within myself and mentally contemplate Thy five Wounds,
having before my eyes that which David, thr prophet, spoke of Thee, my Jesus:
“They have pierced My hands and My feet; they have numbered all My bones.”

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be
for the Holy Father’s intentions

I like to say The Memorare as well
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not my petitions, but, in your mercy, hear and answer me.
Amen.

I have this one in my favorite little prayer book:

**Lord Jesus, help me to remove from my mind every thought or opinion which you would not sanction, every feeling from my heart which you would not approve.

Grant that I may spend the hours of the day gladly working with you according to your will.

Help me just for today and be with me in the long hours of work, that I may not grow weary or slack in serving you:

In conversations, that they may not be to me occasions of uncharitableness:

In the day’s worries and dissappointments, that I may be patient with myself and with those around me:

In moments of fatigue and illness, that I may be mindful of others rather than of myself:

In every situation, that I may be generous and loyal, so that when the day is over I may lay it all at your feet, with its successes which are all yours, and its failures which are my own, and I may feel that life is real and peaceful and blessed when spent with you as the Guest of my soul. AMEN**

Good praryers. I also like to say the prayers from the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

Wow…I love this one! It almost sounds like you had a taperecorder in my mind when I was praying after communion. It sounds so genuine. What I basically do is make sure I spend at least 8 minutes after receiving communion to talk to Jesus because that is about how long his presence remains with us. I believe the most important thing to tell Him is that you want to do His will. If you want a formula prayer there is nothing beter than the Lord’s Prayer because you tell Jesus “Thy will be done” and that you are willing to forgive others. Always keep that one handy if you feel a loss for words.

I have the St Joseph Missal and they have Prayers for after Holy Communion in the back. I say all of them that I can fit in.

My favorite is the Act of Thanksgiving

From the depth of my heart I thank you, dear Lord, for your infinite kindness in coming to me. How good you are to me! With your most holy Mother and all the angels, I praise your mercy and generosity toward me, a poor sinner. I thank you for nourishing my soul with your Sacred Body and Precious Blood. I will try to show my gratitude to you in the Sacrament of your love, by obedience to your holy commandments, by fidelity to my duties, by kindness to my neighbor and by an earnest endeavor to become more like you in my daily conduct.

I really like them all but if I may the Act of Offering is also one I love.

Jesus, you have given yourself to me, now let me give myself to you; I give you my body, that it may be chaste and pure. I give you my soul, that it may be free from sin. I give you my heart, that it may always love you. I give you every thought, word, and deed of my life, and I offer all for your honor and glory.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.