After Death Decadence

townhall.com/Columnists/MichaelMedved/2009/05/20/after_death_decadence

Whenever you think society can’t sink any lower… :eek:

Oh sick, sick,sick. There are just too many fruitcakes in this world.

What a horrible embarrassment to artists everywhere? This is so sad.

Holy Lord have mercy on us! Our Lady pray for us!

Germans, no less. “Das Volk von Dichtern und Denkern.” (“The people of poets and thinkers.”) Not.

A good editorial, but all those pop-up ads reminded me why I quit reading Townhall.com.

Interesting to note, that article also references a company called eternal image (eternalimage.net/) that sells urns and caskets with major league baseball team logos on them. They also have a star trek line of products, as well as a “vatican library” line.

Also, according to their website, they advertise in Catholic Digest. Very strange.

I went and saw his exhibit Body Worlds, which I found very fascinating, educational and interesting; as a healthcare professinal, I was delighted to see the inside of the human body in such detail and done with respect. This new sexual exhibit is just plain disgusting. I see no point in it except to make money off of indecency.

originally posted by wabrams
I went and saw his exhibit Body Worlds, which I found very fascinating, educational and interesting; as a healthcare professinal, I was delighted to see the inside of the human body in such detail and done with respect.

Isn’t this the exhibit that uses real humans in the display - supposedly from China?:frowning:

Wasn’t William F. Buckley a catholic so why would he want his ashes in his backyard instead of on hallowed ground such as a church cemetery?

There’s actually another exhibition going around like this. The one using the bodies from China is an exhibition called Our Body.

It came to Midamerica museum in Arkansas not to long ago. We talked about it in our art classes (because of the controversy), but the news media did nothing but promote it.

littlerock.about.com/b/2008/07/08/our-body-at-mid-america-museum-hot-springs.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.