After death, will one's body still retain evidence of illness?

I have asked this once before, and didn’t get a reply…
When you die with a medical issue, ie: missing a limb, blind, deaf… will you no longer have these issues??? The reason I ask is before I converted, my pastor said EVERYONE will receive a “glorified body” that will be intact when they go to heaven… After I converted, I asked our priest about this and he told me that we will have our same body that we have now… So, what am I supposed to believe??? Any/ All input will be much help…:confused::confused:

Hi,

When your soul leaves your body at death, you will be without a body until the end of the world when your body will be resurrected. Then you will have the same body that is you. Your body is not so much something that you have, as it is who you are. We are not angels; we are incarnate spirits, consisting of a body that is enlivened by a soul. Our body is just as much us as our soul is. But it will be a glorified body as was Our Lord’s after He rose from the dead. It will be without blemish and will be in its’ prime—as was His.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church states: “…so after death the righteous will live for ever with the risen Christ and he will raise them up on the last day. Our resurrection, like his own, will be the work of the Holy Trinity…” (#989)

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.