After The Resurrection Of The Body

As I understand it, there will be a new heaven and a new earth. Once the soul is re-united with the resurrected body the person will live on the “new earth” while still enjoying the beatific vision. What then? Will life be the way it was in Genesis light work (i.e. tiling the garden) and enjoying fruit giving trees and admiring sparkling streams?

Please correct me if I’ve misunderstood our Catholic teaching.

“But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—”
(1 Cor 2:9)

Something wonderful.

Catechism: scborromeo.org/ccc/p123a12.htm#VI

Jesus is the new Adam and he ushered in the… New Heaven and the New Earth.

Reminds me of a story of a 5 year old girl dying of cancer.
She truly believed Jesus Christ came to her, and they
even road bicycles together. They were having a wonderful
time; but finally Jesus said, I have to go back to Heaven, now.
She asked, can I ask you a question before you go?
Jesus answered yes. She asked, what is Heaven like?
He replied, a wonderful surprise.
~
I’m sure the compassion and inexpressible joy of being in
the Presence of God is wonderful.
Being with family and friends, with only loving caring thoughts
words and actions toward one another must be also so wonderful.
Given that, I’m sure we are given challenges without stress or worry.
We probably still learn about, enjoy, and build wonderful things.
I’m absolutely positive that there is absolutely no boredom.
Peace & Love & Belonging, always having a prudent sense of purpose.
Wonderful beyond words.

Thanks guys for your replies but I don’t think they have answered my question. My question is:

While filled with holiness and justice, Adam and Eve did not have the beatific vision of God. Once you’ve finally attained the perfect good you are made for and to which all other goods are but a shadow of, you’d never stray. It would be more wonderful than the Garden, as the glorified Christ is more wonderful than Adam was. Heaven and earth are regenerated full.
As to specifics, the Church does not claim to know.

No I would not put it that way…the Resurrection is* quite different* - and the same can be suggested regarding the new heavens and new earth…

Are you talking about the jehovah witness heaven on earth teachings ?

You may be interested in a book by Anglican Bishop N.T. Wright entitled Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church. This book was recommended on EWTN (Catholic) Radio by Dr. David Anders on his “Called to Communion” program. It deal with this “after bodily resurrection” topic.

follow this link

amazon.com/Surprised-Hope-Rethinking-Resurrection-Mission/dp/0061551821/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478989565&sr=8-1&keywords=surprised+by+hope

and read the description.

No, we will not be like Adam and Eve, we will be like Jesus

It is an interesting and good book. I would though note that it is not entirely correct (such as on the reality of Purgatory etc …for he is an Anglican Bishop.)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The* new* Adam

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.