Against Moral Relativism

Hello,

I’m looking for the single best work (perhaps by Pope Benedict?) against the current movement of moral relativism.

Given in 1996…it reads very, very well in 2010…especially since MR has gotten much worse in all western societies.

RELATIVISM: THE CENTRAL PROBLEM FOR FAITH TODAY Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (Cardinal Ratzinger, Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, gave this address during the meeting of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith with the presidents of the Doctrinal Commissions of the Bishops’ Conferences of Latin America, held in Guadalajara, Mexico, in May 1996.)

ewtn.com/library/CURIA/RATZRELA.HTM

It about 10-12 pages…depending on how you set up your page settings…recommend saving to MS-Word (etc.)…then adjusting as you desire for printing.

Lastly…Lee Kuan Yew, first Prime Minister of Singapore (1959-1990)…led the movement to separate Singapore from Malaysia…and after independence…he then turned Singapore (a no resources colony) into the first of the “First World Asian Tiger” countries (the name economist gave to countries like Singapore, South Korea, et.al.) who made the transition from “Third…to…First” World Country. He is an amazing leader-statesman…who once said…"…Singapore needs a benevolent dictator not democracy…". I am beginning to think of that quote often as I see where the USA is headed…that the USA may also be in need of the same “benevolent fix”!

Pax Christi

It depends what you mean by best. The writings of Pius X against modernism (including relativism) over 100 years ago are also very compelling. Pascendi dominici gregis also reads very well and could easily be addressed to a modern audience.

A Refutation of Moral Relativism by Peter Kreeft is good too.

Here is a link to Dr Kreeft’s talk on relativism. I really like his talks :wink:

peterkreeft.com/audio/05_relativism.htm

Another good book is *Relativism: Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air *by Francis Beckwith and Gregory Koukl.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.