Age of men's souls in heaven

What is the apperance of the souls in heaven?

Like if a 10 yr old child just died, is his soul in heaven the same as that of a 10 yr old child?

If that would be the case, then most souls in heaven are very old since a lot died at the age from 60-100 bracket

OR all souls have the same appearance of a 33 year old human?

Did any theologian spoke about this too?

Well, in my highly unqualified opinion, I would say people would probably look as they do in their mid-twenties. The reason I say this is because this is where maturation usually ends. Whatever happens afterward is aging, the breaking down of our bodies. In Heaven, our bodies will not break down. Just my thoughts. :slight_smile:

hopefully i would be am i am now, physically fit with all my mental knowledge, but also knowledge of all the laws of physics and chemistry.

that way i can swing by all the other galaxies and see what was really out there. :slight_smile:

I expect we’ll appear however we want to appear.

And that our apperance will be such as to give glory to God. :clapping: :dancing:

…I love that little dancing emoticon. He looks so happy.:slight_smile:

A priest told me that St. Thomas Aguinas thought that we would all be 33, the age of Christ when he died. I am not sure how this would happen because we are not all going to be 33 when we die; but with God all things are possible!

Interesting question.

Souls are not physical. They are spirit.

Our bodies will be actually physical. They will, as the Lord’s body after He resurrected, be glorified.

I think it’s quite interesting that Jesus’ wounds in his hands, feet, and side were still present in His resurrected body.

Yet, they were healed.

Hmmm… we’ve got an eternity to visit with each other and rejoice over the healed wounds of us all.

THAT, my dear friends, is one of my best definitions of what Heaven will be like.

If, of course, I get there.

I'm NOT despairing.  
I'm NOT presuming.
I AM doing my best to practice the virtue of hope.

As Veronica Anne said–souls are spirit. They are not physicial. Souls have no “appearance.” Souls have no age.

Now, if you’re asking what our bodies will look like in heaven after the resurrection, you can speculate all you want.

I think the 33 was just to be “like Jesus”, but it will be that God decides the best age for us to be in heaven. Or that age doesn’t matter in heaven.

Scylla

[quote=Veronica Anne]I think it’s quite interesting that Jesus’ wounds in his hands, feet, and side were still present in His resurrected body.

Yet, they were healed.
[/quote]

Point of order: I would not say they were “healed” (how could St Thomas be invited to probe them if they were?). But they were no longer “mortal”.

tee

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.