Age Requirements For Seminary and So On

I was wondering... is there any period of time I have to wait to enter seminary for the priesthood since I just was recently confirmed from a Protestant background, and am only 22?

If you are thinking of the diocesan priesthood, you should contact you diocese's vocations director. Blessings!

[quote="JulianNorwich, post:2, topic:251887"]
If you are thinking of the diocesan priesthood, you should contact you diocese's vocations director. Blessings!

[/quote]

That, and you might find better answers to your questions through your diocese vocation office. They can help you out just find.

I'll be praying for ya, bro. Good luck and God Bless!

To answer your specific question, no there is no set minimum time which a man must wait after his baptism or confirmation or reception into the Catholic Church, before entering a seminary.

The only relevant limits are that a priest must be at least 25 years old at the time of his ordination. (Quite often the Church provides dispensation from this.)

As seminary training normally takes at least 6 years for a man with no previous relevant experience or education, then even if you were accepted into a seminary immediately you would be at least 28 when you become a priest. I certainly hope you do. Every grace and blessing to you.

[quote="WoundedIcon, post:1, topic:251887"]
I was wondering... is there any period of time I have to wait to enter seminary for the priesthood since I just was recently confirmed from a Protestant background, and am only 22?

[/quote]

as previously mentioned talk to your vocations director he will know what to do.

But I can give you a guess if you really want to know. I heard a story that someone converted to the faith and not to long after he converted he entered the seminary. I don't think you will have to wait to long.

I suspect if you want to enter in 2012 you will be able to

God bless.

Obviously if you contact your vocations director, he can tell you for sure, but I believe that actually most dioceses require converts to have practiced their faith for at least a full liturgical cycle - one year or up to two years - before they are allowed to enter seminary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.