Agitated-At my Wit's End

Hi

My name is Sandy and I am 47. Have suffered from childhood with a severe mental illness. Treatment and prayers have helped me over the years but in the last few years, I have struggled with a bipolar mixed state (depression and mania at same time) and cannot work. I am at my wit's end with life and myself.

I humbly ask anyone who wishes to help me - for prayers.....It is hard for me to ask for anything....but I feel as if I explored every avenue for help and am desperate. I need a change for the good. I am drowning in despair. I pray when I can but my focus never stays long enough on my prayers. I am so scattered and my peace is gone. Thanks. God Bless.
Sandy

Dear Lord, please bless Sandy with joy in life, especially in receiving You in the Sacraments. Get her to daily Mass if she isn’t already going, as hearing Your Word and receiving You as nourishment for her journey on a daily basis will strengthen her and bring her peace. May she make some friends on the CAF and receive the friendship and support she needs to get her through her depression. If she could meet with a good, holy priest for spiritual direction that would be so excellent for her soul. Heal her mind, body and spirit from all bad memories and deep wounds that keep her sad or depressed. May Sandy know she can always send me a message if she ever wants a new friend to talk with. Many of us have gone through depression and now are completely freed from it and are very joyful people in the Lord. I pray that Sandy will be freed from her depression and will experience joy in You again. Maybe she can join a good Catholic group at her church for fellowship where she can meet new people and learn new things about You and deepen her relationship with You. I pray that life gets better for Sandy and that she can focus her attention and heart on her relationship with You. If she can’t pray, maybe she could just sit with You in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament until You speak to her heart and bring her comfort. She doesn’t have to use words with You at all - just her lifting up her heart and uniting it to Yours in love will suffice. Bless Sandy with good people in her life and some good changes to help make her happy again. May she expect less from others who disappoint her and expect everything from You and find her happiness and salvation in this. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

May our Lord gant you peace and Blessed Hope.

Sandy, I can only imagine how dreadful to have your own brain and emotions the enemy that sabotages you.

I ask You Jesus to help Sandy from moment to moment to find structure and peace that helps Sandy to move through to the next moment of her day. Please give her brain and emotions the safe compass that it lacks, so she can do this.

Please give her the peace of Your continuing presence in her little boat that is adrift in wild seas. Please calm the waves and storms when things become too unsettled.

Jesus please keep your arms around Sandy

Sandy, I will keep you in my prayers, and I will offer my Mass intentions for you at Mass on Thanksgiving morning. May you find peace.

Father, in Jesus’ name, please send Your Holy Spirit into every aspect of Sandy’s life, to enlighten and heal her, and to help her to get through each moment with peace. Thank You, Father.

Praying for you Sandy ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hello Sandy!

If you can't concentrate for long on prayers...well, St Therese sometimes couldn't concentrate on Thangsgiving, so she tried to do so during the rest of her day when she could. Even the Saints can't always avoid distractions!

Lord, Saint Therese of Lisieux encouraged a novice who regretted her distractions during prayer. *“I also have many, but as soon as I am aware of them, I pray for those persons the thought of whom is diverting my attention, and in this way they reap benefit from my distractions...I accept all for the love of God, even the wildest fancies that cross my mind”. *
Lord, when I experience distractions, please let thought of any person or issue become prayer in me for them. Let the worries I experiece when praying, be prayer for Your mercy.

Hi Sandy, I wanted you to know that I remembered you at Mass this morning, and offered my intentions for your healing. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

May I pass along some advice my priest once gave me? He said that when we are unable to pray, to at least pray "Jesus, I trust in you." You can say that over and over. And if you can not manage that, at least pray "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus".

Blessings,
jpjd

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.