Agnosticism?

Help! I suddenly one day thought that what if catholic/Christian god wasn’t the actual god? I’ve felt with fear of atheism but after I got over that, I thought that what if he isn’t the right god? Is there any proof he’s the ACTUAL god?

What sort of proof are you after? - What would it take to “prove” it to you?

(You already have a similar thread on this topic.)

The prophesies and testimony of the apostles suffices for me.

The following is an account of a healing. Sometimes these miraclous events in a person’s life is all that it takes to convince them that Jesus and Mary are real and true. For others, it takes more. It all depends on the person and what they expect.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=715460
The following testimony was originally was told, by a sister from the Daughters of Charity a few years ago.

A mother from Brazil took her dying daughter on a trip to Paris, to visit the chapel where the apparitions of the Miraculous Medal occurred in 1830. When they arrived at the chapel, they saw a nun who was arranging flowers on the sanctuary. The mother asked her if it would be possible for her daughter to touch the chair, that our Lady had sat on while talking to Saint Catherine Labouré during one of the visions. The nun said that it was not allowed. She then went into the back room to get some more flowers. The area where the chair was, had been roped off. The mother thought to herself, “I did not come all this way, just to look at the chair.” She told her daughter to get down on the floor, work her way on her stomach under the rope, move up and quickly touch the chair and then come back. To the mother’s distress the little girl went up to the chair, and placed her head upon it, and would not come back for quite a while despite her mother’s pleading. The mother was worried that the nun would come back and that they would get into trouble. Eventually the little girl came back, and the mother asked her why she had done this. Her reply was “I am sorry mummy, but the lady told me to rest my head on her lap”. After this they returned to Brazil on the plane. Soon after their return to Brazil doctors found that the child was fully healed.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

May I ask, have you done much spiritual reading such as the Gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? and saints such as ‘The Diary of St. Faustina’ etc? because I believe it’s hard to believe in someone you don’t know.

“You will not see anyone who is really striving after his or her advancement who is not given to spiritual reading. And as to the one who neglects it, the fact will soon be observed by that one’s progress.” - St. Athanasius

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” - C.S. Lewis

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

First, I hope that your question isn’t born from the anti-Catholic nonsense that is out there where people claim that Catholics don’t worship the “real God” or the “real Jesus”. The people claiming that stuff (mostly loudmouth false prophets who are members of extremely fringe splinters of Christianity, and therefore profess doctrines that are fictitious) are loonies, don’t pay them any mind.

That being said, after God created the heavens, the earth, and the human race, He said in the first of the Ten Commandments that He is the one and only God. If you believe the Bible as you should, there is no way to draw a conclusion that the God we worship isn’t the actual God who created everything. If the God that we worship isn’t the real God, then we don’t exist because humans were never created; it really is that simple.

Some people feel they have absolute proof, others not.

In a totally objective sense. I don’t think there is proof.

If you want to know, deeply, and truly for yourself, I think honest prayer for faith is a good idea. As well as spending time in adoration with the Blessed Sacrament.

Praying for “proof” is probably not the best idea…because if you have faith, you will likely see “proof” all around you, and if you have no faith, little will prove it to you.

Praying for faith, to have eyes and heart opened to see the truth seems like a good way to go.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.