Ahmadinejad: Iran not afraid to make nuke weapon

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran’s president says his country isn’t afraid of making a nuclear weapon but doesn’t intend to do so.
Iranian state television on Thursday quoted President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as saying: “If we do want to make a bomb, we are not afraid of anybody.”
Iran has long insisted that its nuclear programs are peaceful and meant only to generate power for a future nuclear reactor network.
But the U.N. Security Council has passed four sets of sanctions against Iran for refusing to freeze activities that could be used in a weapons program.
The U.N. says Iran also blocked an IAEA probe into allegations of secret experiments that could reflect attempts to develop an arms program.

google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5japXUjYbuAL3nvjgKZPaCWnZq3pQ?docId=f88a18c448444137a1b8863beea48fe0

So they are not going to make a bomb, but just felt the need to come out and say…they aren’t afraid of anybody?

:rotfl:

It’s like the guys who have to drive the really big trucks…I can just picture Ahmadinejad now…with his chest all puffed up. ‘I’m not scared!! I’m a tuff guy on the playground toooo’

Poor guy :smiley:

5 Bushehr experts died in Russian plane crash

MOSCOW: Russia’s top nuclear agency says that five experts involved in the construction of Iran’s Bushehr nuclear plant have died in Monday’s plane crash in northeastern Russia.

This could set them back a bit.

No those folks designed the plant that is already built.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.