AIDS

what is the catholic position on what can be done about AIDS?

Don’t sin and the disease will cease to be a problem in a short time.

Could you be more specific as to the nature of your question?

in another thread i asked if a certain AIDS program was OK. I then thought that most off these programs are against the faith, are there some which are not and how do they go about their anitAIDS work?

abstinence is nearly 100% effective and does not violate the faith.

i know, but what organizations promote only this?

The Catholic Church gives more money to AIDS relief than any other organization in the world.

by whom and where is this money spent, and can you show me where you found that awesome fact

:wave: Pio, I have actually sponsored an Orphanage for children suffering with Aids through Catholic Mission. This orphanage not only cares for babies/children but also their older siblings and in some cases, their mothers (if they are still alive). At the orphanage they have an education program for suffers of AIDS, it teaches them how to deal with the disease, how to take their medication and prevention of passing onto to others (abstinence). I love the cause, and I get pictures of all MY children as well as reports and updates.

Though it is not “The Catholic position”, anyone with any sense can see that anti-AIDS campaigns are being used as a pretext for pushing liberal sexual agendas.

For instance one early leaflet used the term “****ing” on the basis that one had to “give people the facts”. Of course everyone old enough to know what the expletive actually means also knows what the term “sexual intercourse” means. They simply wanted an excuse to coarsen public discourse.

In a narrow technical sense condoms do work - scare stories about pore sizes irritate me - but people do not use them consistently, or they engage in other forms of intimacy that lead to exchange of infected fluids. Having condom machines in schools is not a price worth paying for a few prevented tramsmissions. In the longer term, by increasing risky sexual behaviour, the machines probably spread the disease faster.

For your information, anti-hepititis A and B jabs are available from GP’s. I do not know what the rules are for giving them but I had one about 10-years ago on the National Health. :slight_smile:

For your information, anti-hepititis A and B jabs are available from GP’s. I do not know what the rules are for giving them but I had one about 10-years ago on the National Health.

Actually, thinkinig about it, they are administered in two jabs. I think they have to wait to see if the first one ‘has taken’ before they administer the second.

So far as I am aware, there is currently no protection against Hep-C

You usually get 3 shots for Hepatitis B.

You usually get 3 shots for Hepatitis B.

Thanks Benefidictus, better go back and have the third one.Is it too late?

I work with people with Hepetitis, that is why I was given them

I think they usually wait 6 months between the second and third shots, but I don’t know what the upper limit would be.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.