Air Asia flight missing

Air Asia flight from Indonesia to Singapore is missing with approximately 162 souls on board.

I read this on Fox breaking news and BBC but I don’t know how to post a link.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-30614627

Good evening 7 Sorrows:

Link, you know that I would think: news.yahoo.com/flight-indonesia-singapore-loses-contact-media-033855222.html

It seems they lost track of the plane around 6:17 EST.

Transport Ministry official Hadi Mustofa said the aircraft, flight number QZ 8501, lost contact with the Jakarta air traffic control tower at 6:17 a.m local time. (6.17 p.m. EST).

Prayers they find the whereabouts of this plane soon.

Thanks for the links you two! :thumbsup:

The problem now is that if a plane goes missing in this area, my first reaction is “Oh, no, not another MH370!”

I hope the plane is located quickly and lands safely, but it if has crashed, I trust evidence will be forthcoming quickly so relatives, friends and airline staff are not left wondering about the fate of the plane, crew and passengers.

There is a report of a plane down near Belitung Island Indonesia, see Twitter:

twitter.com/cctvnews/status/549059958356979712

It is not confirmed it is the missing plane.

The airline is based in Malaysia. There might have been thunderstorms and turbulence. They asked for a strange route before the plane disappeared it was reported.

Nothing is confirmed yet, it certainly does not sound positive though from what is coming over the wire and news.

We don’t have television right now so I don’t know what the latest news is other than the twitter link you posted above.

I only have radio but it’s news radio. And now it is so late. But it doesn’t sound good.

I think they say this plane was an “airbus”, I think there is a slight difference between an airbus and a passenger plane but I don’t know what that is. Maybe it’s more casual, maybe it is all the same class. Anyway, I better go. Too late.

I was looking at map of Java Sea and Borneo.
They had asked to climb from 32, 000 ft. to 38, 000 ft.

I have to get up early for Mass. I am sure by morning we will know something.

Not to get into “tin foil” hat types of things but if this plane vanished assuredly without a trace, far from certain so far, as for me, it would seem some people would start thinking about a Bermuda Triangle type of scenario.

This is the 3rd plane from that area they say over and over again, that has had some sort of problem. I know the Malaysian jet disappeared. I don’t know what the other one would be they are referring to.

washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/air-search-for-missing-airasia-jet-suspended/2014/12/28/a903067e-8e8c-11e4-a900-9960214d4cd7_story.html

Indonesian official says missing AirAsia jet is believed to be at the bottom of the sea

BEIJING — As they resumed the search for the missing AirAsia plane Monday morning, Indonesian authorities said they believe the commercial jet with 162 people on board already lies at the bottom of the sea.

Indonesia’s National Search and Rescue Agency chief Bambang Soelistyo at a press conference called it a “preliminary suspicion” based on last coordinates and the estimated crash position.

Soelistyo said Indonesia lacks the equipment needed to find and retrieve a plane from such depths and has reached out to other countries. Among the countries who have offered help with the technology needed are the United States, the United Kingdom and France.

Maybe, if a plane goes to the bottom of the sea, that does not give the families real closure on this. I can imagine, storms at sea can be so bad that it hampers a search effort. I’d think they could find at least some debris. Surely the whole plane would not go underwater intact.

It’s amazing they can land and trace a craft onto a high-speed comet 300 million miles from earth but they can’t find airplanes flying over the Pacific.

It is so time consuming and costly to search underwater.
They still have no clue where the first plane that disappeared is.
I hope something will surface or be spotted in the next few days for the sake of the families.

:thumbsup:

Fox is reporting that debris and an oil slick have been spotted, but not yet definitively linked to the missing plane.

Picture tossing a model airplane into a lake, then you have that whole area to try to find it. Imagine it is made of medal instead of plastic?

Earlier comment:

I was looking at map of Java Sea and Borneo.
They had asked to climb from 32, 000 ft. to 38, 000 ft.

Pilots of the AirAsia plane thought to have crashed in the Java Sea were refused permission to climb higher to avoid a storm, according to Indonesia’s air travel chief. Joko Muryo Atmodjo said Flight QZ8501 had asked to ascend from 32,000ft (9,753m) to 38,000ft (11,582m) but controllers denied the request because of heavy air traffic. Five minutes later the plane fell off the radar without sending any distress signal.

yahoonewsdigest-intl.tumblr.com/post/106454493902/captain-of-flight-qz8501-was-refused-permission-to

Yes the story changed after several hours. The early reports gave what I posted.

It would appear some debris has been spotted that probably does come from the missing plane.

abc.net.au/news/2014-12-30/airasia-qz8501-debris-spotted-is-from-plane-official/5993438

Personally I think that when it’s all over, they’ll find the pilot tried to fly over a monsoon storm rather than go around it. He probably went too high, stalled, and went right into the storm.

Anyway that’s my opinion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.