Air Force Officer looses post after failing to sign a certificate of appreciation to the same-sex spouse of a retiring master sergeant

“An Air Force colonel said he was wrongly disciplined after refusing to sign a certificate of appreciation to the same-sex spouse of a retiring master sergeant.”

From the Santa Fe New Mexican.

“The certificate is an unofficial document that’s traditionally given to the spouses of retiring military members, and it’s not legally required to be given.”

Funny, when the Obergefell decision was handed down its supporters scoffed at the idea that anyone would be subject to compulsion to compromise their own religious beliefs and made to go along with the new official ones. . .

1 Like

I think he should just take his lumps after making the decision he made. I don’t see much humility in this.

what did he do wrong? per the article he requested guidance and recieved no action.

they failed him.

would they have taken the same course of action if the person not sighing was a member of the religion of submission?

Why has Military Suicides doubled in the years 2004-2009? And why has it not gone back down? And why are military suicides 20 to 25 times that of the non military civilians in same age and gender brackets?

Yeah, I don’t think he did wrong. But just like a member of the religion of submission, he’s now making a stink about it.

…Not quite as ridiculous as suing for 100 million dollars for a slice of pepperoni on your pizza during the special month, but down the same alley.

What I don’t get is the continued strong support of conservatism the military. The military never was conservative, but it’s current state should remove any doubt.

On first blush, I’d say that many many past deaths were called an accident rather than suicide. It doesn’t mitigate the current very real problem, I’m just questioning the historical data that showed virtually no Military suicides.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.