Air France 447 disaster

After reading about the horrific, catastrophic ending of 228 lives on Air France 447, my heart is filled with compassion and heartache for the families who lost loved ones…even though I didn’t know any one of the victims or family members, it was such a scary and surreal tragic event and affected me deeply…
I’ve been praying for these souls and their families and only through the Holy Spirit, did I come to a faith-filled realization and acceptance of what happens at the moment of such a horrendous death…my feeling deep down is this…at that moment of disaster…whether the plane broke apart in the sky or dove into the depths of the ocean, God was present with these people and as their bodies fell, I believe he immediately took their souls with him into heaven…if we truly believe that God is with us and will never abandon us, how can we not think this? I hope the families will find some peace in knowing that God will never leave them, especially in a disaster such as a plane crash…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.