Al-Dajjal

I am hoping someone can elaborate on the Al-Dajjal. I am very interested in the similarities between different religions. It is my understanding that the Al-Dajjal means ‘The False One’, who will be an actual person to appear before what is called Yawm al-Qiyamah, ‘resurrection day’. Is this accurate according to Muslim teaching? Christianlty also teaches about an Anti-Christ, a false annointed one, who will appear before the end. Could some of the Muslim believers please explain what they know about the Al-Dajjal? Thank you!

The following links should help explain the Muslim perspective on the Antichrist or Dajjal:

1 & 2

Hi
Al-Dajjal and the Anti-Christ are the same figurative/symbolic person. Please access the following link to understand where Anti-Christ is mentioned.
alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_6_section_2.html
If you cannot locate it, then I will copy it from there for benefit of my friends/members in the forum.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics

Thank you both for the links. This is the first I am learning about Al-Dajjal or Antichrist being a part of the Muslim beliefs. I want to ask more questions, but I do not want to offend anyone in my choice of words. I hope that the following is proper.

In the links it is said that when Jesus returns, He will correct any error in the beliefs of the people and then unite everyone under one goverment, one religion. It also says that He is a Just Judge. I might have missed it, but does it say what** He is coming to judge, or is the judging related to the correction of the errors in beliefs?

I also wondered if women are encouraged to imitate the Virgin Mary in any way and if so, in what way? I do not know to what extent the Virgin Mary is mentioned in Muslim writings.

The links also says to speak the first few lines of certain writings when dealing with the Al-Dajjal. Would you have a link to those verses?

Thank you again.

Hi
Please read my posts in the thread “Virgin Mary Mosque” in this forum in connection with Mary’s status in Islam.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi – a peaceful faith in Islam bridging gaps between faiths/denominations/religions/agnostics

Jesus (pbuh) will return not to judge the world as modern Christians believe, because judgment only belongs to God.

Instead, Jesus will judge between Truth and falsehood and all of his decisions will of course be divinely ordained.

According to Islam, Maryam (Mary) is highly regarded and revered as a mother of one of God’s prophets, Jesus, peace and blessings be upon him. She is regarded as one of the purest of God’s servants. In fact, there are more verses in the Qur’an that mention Virgin Mary, than there are mentions of her in the whole of the New Testament. Moreover, a whole chapter of the Qur’an is named after her. This confirms her extremely high status in Islam.

Mentioning her is not only confined to the Qur’an. Rather, there are many traditions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) whereby Mary is given one of the finest descriptions accorded people in general, i.e. ‘perfection’. This is clear in the hadith narrated by Abu Musa Al-Ashari, quoting the Prophet (pbuh), as saying:

**‘… among women none attained perfection except Mary the daughter of Imran, and Asiya the wife of Pharaoh …’ **

Mary is indeed a role model for Muslim women and you can read a bit more about how Muslims view her in this short article.

As for the hadith which advises Muslims of the Qur’anic verses to be read in order to protect ourselves from the trials of Dajjal, they are the opening 10 verses of surah Al-Kahf.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.