Al Franken . what do you think about his retirement

Al Franklin . what do you think about his sexual retirement

What I think is it’s a joke he was ever elected to the Senate to begin!

Who is AL Franklin?

Pffffffft. Senator Al Franken isn’t retiring from sex. He’s retiring from the Senate. And I wish he weren’t. So many in the Senate have done the same thing he has done and they’re still there.

i dont believe he is retiring from sex… im happy to see him leave the Senate

Wow … Thanks for sharing.

I’m not a fan of his, but it makes me uneasy that he’s retiring for things that happened a long time ago and not during his time in the Senate.
I wonder what precedent this will set–like if this will have unintended consequences.

…or maybe I’m looking at it all wrong

Yes, I know like the President we elected in the 1980’s who had co-starred with a monkey in a Hollywood movie.

Trump and Moore ought to as well.

Is he? He didn’t put a firm date. There’s a good chance he’ll change his mind if Roy Moore wins.

I’m not persuaded he’ll resign either way.

Has he actually resigned? He seems reluctant to do so.

I’m uncomfortable with the lack of due process. When Bob Packwood was under fire for sexual misconduct, it was the ethics committee that investigated. No such thing here. Not for Franken, Conyers, Moore, none of them.

JonNC:

I’m uncomfortable with the lack of due process. When Bob Packwood was under fire for sexual misconduct, it was the ethics committee that investigated. No such thing here. Not for Franken, Conyers, Moore, none of them.

But I don’t think ANY of these people are being denied “due process” JonNC.

I suspect they don’t WANT to go through these hoops.

WHY?

Because there is likely MORE information than we know publicly.

There is ALSO a high chance they don’t want these things being trotted out for public purview.

Just my 2 cents though.

God bless.

Cathoholic

Regarding Al Franken’s “retirement” I think it’s about a 50:50 chance he really will.

Contrast Franken’s announcement to Conyers statement . . . .

. . . “I am retiring today,” Conyers said, in what is effectively a resignation. . . .

My point is that senators are calling for resignation instead of investigation.
Don’t get me wrong. I can’t stand him. He stole the election from Coleman.

Don’t get me wrong. I can’t stand him. He stole the election from Coleman.

I get it JonNC.

You want “fair play” and I concur.

But their own intra-party colleagues may not want a drawn out ethics investigation when THEY are trying to get re-elected themselves.

Possibly they threaten to turn on him in the ethics meetings if he insists on going through with the ethics committee hearings process (even perhaps threatening him with loss of the lucrative Congressional retirement “benefits”).

I am not saying it’s the right way to carry this out. More of an observation.

Probably another reason for term limits.

Never liked him. Don’t really have an opinion on the sexual harassment charges. I am not following any of this. It is kind of embarrassing. I understand there is violent assault. I understand there is sexual harassment. But there is also just normal human behavior. I feel like this whole thing is mushrooming into a politically correct witch-hunt. The right is loving it because many of the victims are on the sancrosanct left. I don’t think that is acceptable. It is wrong no matter who you do this to. I mean Ted Kennedy, Chappaquiddick, that is sexual harassment. But the things we are calling out now. Neurotic. Makes women aka 24/7 victims look a little nutty to me. I actually sat through this painful discussion in my yoga class about how finally this problem is being recognized, we must not blame the men, they are driven by social pressure, norms, to be this way. It was absolute garbage in my opinion. (I did not say a word. :no_mouth:)

Seriously, he’s opting for castration?

Regarding the Senate, didn’t he just talk about retiring some time in the future?

Since he doesn’t admit guilt nor has anything pending against him, I’m disappointed he caved to pressure.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.