Al Gore and Earth Hour

so we were all supposed to turn out lights off last nigt to save the planet. obviously sometyhing very important to the green crowd, heck look at how much money they spent promoting it.

but what about mr. gore? his movie about the climate is said to have helped inspire this even. did he participate?

Drew Johnson, the president of the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, decided to drive by Gore’s mansion in Nashville at 8:48 p.m. and records that floodlights were on illuminating the driveway leading up to the main quarter.

“I pulled up to Al’s house, located in the posh Belle Meade section of Nashville, at 8:48 p.m. – right in the middle of Earth Hour,” he wrote on his blog. “I found that the main
spotlights that usually illuminate his 9,000 square foot mansion were dark, but several of the lights inside the house were on.”

He added: “The kicker, though, were the dozen or so floodlights grandly highlighting several trees and illuminating the driveway entrance of Gore’s mansion. I [kid] you not, my friends, the savior of the environment couldn’t be bothered to turn off the gaudy lights that show off his goofy trees.”

wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=93315

just another example of the elite thinking their rules don’t apply to them. IF he actually belived what he preached i have to think he could have been in the dark for an hour. but his movement is about fame and money not the environment.

No surprise-he’s the biggest phony in the world…

yeah but people still fall for his bull. thats why we have to show him for what he is when we can…which is pretty dang often.

So? Hypocrites can still speak the truth. You can’t invalidate an argument by saying the guy who made it is a jerk.

And people have to realize that it is the climate scientists and those in related fields who have studied and researched this stuff that have using the evidence come to the conclusion that humans are most likely responsible for much of the global warming. So this isn;t just Al Gore saying this it is the people who have actually studied the issue saying it as well. But really it annoys me how much people focus on Al Gore. But I understand why they do. Because he is not a scientist because of the fact that he all to often acts hypocritical. So by focusing on him and making it seem like the whole argument of human caused global warming rises and falls with Al Gore they can make it seem much weaker then it really is. At least that is just one take my other one is that people just donlt realize how strong the scientific support for it is, because either they simply have not research the subject enough or because they are told that there isn;t much support for it and Al Gore made it all up.

i have researched the subject enough to know that there is no consensus as to the cause of global warming, or if it is even really happening. it also has to be remembered that cows put out more greenhouse gases than people do-IF it is a real trend we aren’t solely responsible, and probably arent even majorily responsible.

and yes it seems relative to the discussion that the head of the movement doesnt take it serious enough to participate in their biggest event to date.

Saturday, at the appointed hour I turned all my light on. Not that any one cares but were not going to stop watching the NCAA tournament. Sorry earth! But all things considered when the earth stops trashing itself I’ll get serious about non-issues. In the mean time keep those volcano’s percolating.

I guess we have read rather different sources then. As for the cow thing have any link to that data. Also are you talking about domesticated cows? If so in that case that could be attributed to humans…since without us they wouldn;t even exist much less in the numbers they do. I am pretty sure though that other industries emit more though. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Greenhouse_Gas_by_Sector.png But no we aren;t solely responsible I haven;t heard any scientist say that. But I have heard many say that we are most likely majorly responsible. But really I could care less what Al Gore does or does not do says or does not say. So could probably most if not all the climate scientists out there.

The "Green"movement is just another way for those people with totalitarian tendencies to gain power and to TELL you how to live your lives.It has been hijacked by the left and the other usual suspects.Just consider their fellow travellers.Disagree with them and you are Satan.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.