Al-Qaida says No. 3 leader, bin Laden's brother-in-law, killed

Al-Qaida's number three — a co-founder of the terror network and Osama bin Laden's brother-in-law — has been killed in Pakistan's border area with Afghanistan, according to a statement attributed to the group that was posted on Islamist websites Monday.

The statement did not say how Shaykh Saeed, whose real name is Shaykh Mustafa Abu al-Yazid, was killed nor did it identify a successor. Saeed was also al-Qaida's financial director.

One senior U.S. official speaking on condition of anonymity told NBC News that Saeed was killed in an attack by a missile-carrying drone aircraft.

msnbc.msn.com/id/37440747

Wow. All that effort to kill one guy.
Let freedom ring. :rolleyes:

[quote="TechieJustin, post:2, topic:200248"]

[/quote]

So, you condone Al-Qaida? And the parts this person played in terrorism? Just wondering ]

[quote="kimmielittle, post:3, topic:200248"]
So, you condone Al-Qaida? And the parts this person played in terrorism? Just wondering ]

[/quote]

No.
But killing one guy is not exactly winning the war on terrorism. Until this country changes its foreign policy terrorism will always be a problem.

[quote="TechieJustin, post:4, topic:200248"]
No.
But killing one guy is not exactly winning the war on terrorism. Until this country changes its foreign policy terrorism will always be a problem.

[/quote]

So, we need to change our foreign policies to meet specifications of terrorists and other country demands? [Just wondering ]

[quote="kimmielittle, post:5, topic:200248"]
So, we need to change our foreign policies to meet specifications of terrorists and other country demands? [Just wondering ]

[/quote]

Good Lord... :rolleyes:
The US should be fair to everyone.

Do you always try to by snarky with Just wondering ] ?

I'm just wondering...

[quote="TechieJustin, post:6, topic:200248"]
Good Lord... :rolleyes:

[/quote]

<< snarky ???

The US should be fair to everyone.

Do you always try to by snarky with Just wondering ] ?

I'm just wondering...

Well I just wanted to know your views.

You seemed to be trying to say something in this post

Here I fixed it for you

So, we need to change our foreign policies to meet specifications of terrorists and other country demands?

[quote="TechieJustin, post:4, topic:200248"]
No.

[/quote]

i think the more people we can find at the top the better.

during WWII, they really would like to have got Hitler and the top leaders surrounding him.

i am not sure how old you are, but from reading some of your posts, it seems like you are looking at this through the eyes of someone under 25. you haven't lived long enough
or matured enough to realize the errors in what you are saying. i was young and naive once as well. please don't take offense at what i am saying.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:8, topic:200248"]

during WWII, they really would like to have got Hitler and the top leaders surrounding him.

i am not sure how old you are, but from reading some of your posts, it seems like you are looking at this through the eyes of someone under 25. you haven't lived long enough
or matured enough to realize the errors in what you are saying. i was young and naive once as well. please don't take offense at what i am saying.

[/quote]

ACK!!!!:D I'm younger than him:):)

Originally Posted by **TechieJustin**                   [forums.catholic.com/images/buttons_khaki/viewpost.gif]("http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=6698063#post6698063")              
          *No.

But killing one guy is not exactly winning the war on terrorism. Until this country changes its foreign policy terrorism will always be a problem.*

Here in bolded] is where I have my problem with his statement.
There have always been school bullies...terrorists...pirates....AND they aren't the way they are because of foreign polices.

[quote="kimmielittle, post:9, topic:200248"]
ACK!!!!:D I'm younger than him:):)

[/quote]

Here in bolded] is where I have my problem with his statement.
There have always been school bullies...terrorists...pirates....AND they aren't the way they are because of foreign polices.

thank you. you make a very good point! :thumbsup:

i don't know the other poster's age, so please don't take offense. i just through that number out there! :blush:

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:10, topic:200248"]
thank you. you make a very good point! :thumbsup:

i don't know the other poster's age, so please don't take offense. i just through that number out there! :blush:

[/quote]

I didn't take offense.:)

I have heard many make that same remark about our foreign policy is the reason for terrorists.

The Fact is... has anyone heard a terrorist demand except like condemning Israel ],calling for changes in foreign policy? Most demands are to set their comrades free...hostage exchange etc.

Just as the school yard bullies..They could care less....about foreign policy

[quote="TechieJustin, post:2, topic:200248"]
Wow. All that effort to kill one guy.:

[/quote]

I am not sure what "All that effort" actually means, but certainly removing the leadership of al Qaeda is the most cost effective strategy the US has, at least at present.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:8, topic:200248"]

[/quote]

You don't understand... I never said appease the terrorists; but supporting a racist regime and bombing people for no reason is not a good way to make friends.

The US has become the bully.

[size=5]HOOAH! :thumbsup:[/size] Another good terrorist.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.