Al-Qaida spokesman sets peace conditions with US

CAIRO — Al-Qaida's American-born spokesman has repeated the terror group's conditions for peace with America, calling on US President Barack Obama to withdraw his troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, end support for Israel, stop intervening in the affairs of Muslims and free Muslim prisoners.

jpost.com/Headlines/Article.aspx?id=178962

"You must pull every last one of your soldiers, spies, security advisers... and all other American personnel, ships and aircraft out of every Muslim land from Afghanistan to Zanzibar," Gadahn said.

He also called onto the U.S. president to "stop all support and aid, be it military, political, economic or otherwise, to the hated regimes of the Muslim world."
"This includes the so-called development aid," he added.

The United States must "cease all interference in the religion, society, politics, economy and government of the Islamic world."

He also called for the release of "all Muslim captives" held in U.S. prisons "regardless of whether they have been recipients of what you call a fair trial or not."

myfoxmemphis.com/dpps/news/al-qaeda's-gadahn-makes-demands-in-new-video-dpgonc-km-20100620_8213931

This is pretty consistant with what al-Qaeda has said in the past and I think they see it as the first step in restoring the Caliphate. You get the Western influence out of all "Islamic" lands. Which would not only include all Arab lands but Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Sudan, you name it.

The Islamic world ultimately would include any place with Muslims abiding there.

I'd have a few problems with these demands.

First of all, why should prisoners guilty of crimes be freed simply because they're Muslim? Would Al Qaeda free any one of us taken prisoner, or would they rather behead us?

Second, I don't support Israel or Zionism. However, we at least have access to Holy Sites within Israel under their government, even if Jews do have a tendency to desecrate them (such as urinating on the site of the Last Supper.) If the US were to withdraw its support and aid to Israel, and Al Qaeda or other sympathetic groups took over, would they preserve these sites and allow access to them? Definitely not. Because of their Salafist leanings, they would bulldoze them and most likely begin exterminating Christians.

Third, I think that the US should have minimal involvement in the affairs of other nations. But their request is hypocritical, in that this same group interferes with other nation's affairs according to their interests. It seems like what they're wanting to do is neuter the Christian world while expanding their own influence.

He also called onto the U.S. president to "stop all support and aid, be it military, political, economic or otherwise, to the hated regimes of the Muslim world."
"This includes the so-called development aid," he added.

He also called for the release of "all Muslim captives" held in U.S. prisons "regardless of whether they have been recipients of what you call a fair trial or not."
myfoxmemphis.com/dpps/news/al-qaeda's-gadahn-makes-demands-in-new-video-dpgonc-km-20100620_8213931

Lol.

Bartender - I'll have a pint of whatever it is he's drinking :D

That's some pretty potent hootch :D

I usually don’t do public polls but have no problem publically saying NO, I don’t agree with his demands.

“You must pull every last one of your soldiers, spies, security advisers… and all other American personnel, ships and aircraft out of every Muslim land from Afghanistan to Zanzibar,” Gadahn said.

This would mean no diplomats, ambassadors, etc. Who in their right mind sets as a peace condition to end the legitimate diplomatic relationships?

so, were negotiating peace with a group that
#1 Openly commits terrorist acts, and has killed thousands of Americans and other nationalities
#2 Completely disregards almost all fundamental human rights
#3 Uses religion as an excuse to dominate absolutely everything everything

…why are we letting them even dictate terms…:shrug:…

if there is one guy i wish they could catch even more than Bin Laden it is this guy - adam gadahn. i find him despicable.

i doubt if they would agree with any peace conditions that we put forward either.

i voted no.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.