Alan Colmes has passed away

people.com/tv/fox-news-alan-colmes-dead-66-years-old/

Fox News contributor and commentator Alan Colmes has died after a brief illness. He was 66.
America’s Newsroom co-anchor Bill Hemmer announced the news during Thursday’s broadcast of the Fox program.
“We have, yet again, some sad news to report here at the Fox News Channel,” said Hemmer. “Fox News contributor and frequent guest here in America’s Newsroom, Alan Colmes, has passed away.”

Sad news. May he rest in peace.

:frowning:

I liked his show with Hannity a lot. God rest his soul.

This is sad. Even though I didn’t agree with him, I enjoyed his analysis

It’s always sad when someone passes away.
I listened to Alan starting in high school during the Clinton years. He came on after Rush.
I was so angered by his show that I never followed him after that.
Many Of his political foes are coming out with praise and sorrow. That says a lot about the man.

With the exception of some local news and maybe a visit or two to a national or internation news website, I don’t really watch channels and programs such as these. All the same, may he rest in peace.

I agree. This is sad. I used to listen to him on the radio.

Praying for the repose of his soul & for his family.

It sure does!

Eternal rest grant unto him…

Often a lone voice on the FOX News network, and a voice and perspective many of their faithful would not have otherwise heard, may God welcome him in His arms and his voice now be singing amongst the heavenly angels. RIP Alan Colmes.

Fun fact: He was married to recently disgraced Fox News commentator Monica Crowley’s sister. In fact, Monica took credit for introducing them.

That must have been one heck of marriage, given the political leanings of both sides.

Did not really agree with him on most things but found him more likable (at least) than Hannity.

RIP.

Through the prayers of the Mother Of God, have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

Father Jonathon Morris:

facebook.com/fatherjonathanmorris/
““I’m sad about the death of my friend Alan Colmes. Most knew him as ‪a self-proclaimed liberal, Jewish, agnostic. I knew him as a kind seeker who went to mass every week with his Catholic wife and sometimes with me. God will be merciful to his good soul.””

:thumbsup:

It was the only time I like Hannity’s show. Many on the left said he wasn’t far left enough. But he was left enough to keep Hannity in check. He made Hannity a better show and Fox a better channel.

Powerful tribute.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.