Alberto Cutié to get own show

latingossip.com/television/padre-alberto-cutie-gets-fox-show-father-albert.html/comment-page-1#comment-576566

Help me Jesus!

Question: Did he end up marrying the woman who he had an affair with and did he get excommunicated?

[quote="Battle_Warrior, post:2, topic:227032"]
Question: Did he end up marrying the woman who he had an affair with and did he get excommunicated?

[/quote]

He married her, but not in the Catholic Church; and if memory serves, he wasn't excommunicated, he left the Church.

Soooooo...Episcopal priests shouldn't have their own TV talk show? He's no longer a Catholic priest...nor does he belong to the Catholic church...so why the problem with him having a talk show as an Episcopal priest?

Hi Publisher, some of us wrote about our beefs with this now-Episcopal priest here forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=526282 for many it’s not so much what he did it was how it was handled by him. (I hope I’m making sense here.) I don’t object to an Episcopal or Anglican priest having their own show per se but I object to this particular one because he bad mouths my religion to cover up his cowardly actions.

[quote="GEddie, post:3, topic:227032"]
He married her, but not in the Catholic Church; and if memory serves, he wasn't excommunicated, he left the Church.

[/quote]

He excommunicated himself because of heresy and schism.

[quote="Publisher, post:4, topic:227032"]
Soooooo...Episcopal priests shouldn't have their own TV talk show? He's no longer a Catholic priest...nor does he belong to the Catholic church...so why the problem with him having a talk show as an Episcopal priest?

[/quote]

He will always belong to the Catholic Church because of the seal of baptism and he will always be a Catholic Priest because of the seal of the holy orders.

[quote="Cristiano, post:7, topic:227032"]
He will always belong to the Catholic Church because of the seal of baptism and he will always be a Catholic Priest because of the seal of the holy orders.

[/quote]

His baptism and ordination should prevent him from hosting a show?

I've watched his interviews....he is very personalbe and appears to have a desire to serve God in a ministerial venue.

I think his perspective on the goings on within the Catholic and Episcopal church woudl be very informative.

No I am not saying that at all. I personally think that he can choose to do whatever he wants, it might not be appropriate but it is no more immoral of what he has done until now especially considering that his immorality is not even addressed in today’s secular world or by the episcopalian church. I honestly would not make a big fuss about him being on TV but I would challenge everything that he says.

[quote="Cristiano, post:9, topic:227032"]
No I am not saying that at all. I personally think that he can choose to do whatever he wants, it might not be appropriate but it is no more immoral of what he has done until now especially considering that his immorality is not even addressed in today's secular world or by the episcopalian church. I honestly would not make a big fuss about him being on TV but I would challenge everything that he says.

[/quote]

Perhaps it's just me...but I'd think his "past" should stay in the "past"....if he had made peace with God and is able to now serve God in the Episcopal church since he broke disipline with his vow of celibacy....his insights would be very informative.

What he has done or not done in the past should be "covered" by his "absolution"....Episcopalians also believe in absolution...and confession....plus is there any information that he did not seek to avail himself to the Catholic sacrament of penance or receive absolution from a Catholic priest before he left?

It seems he's not liked simply because he decided to change ecclesial communities.

I think that it would be simply biased. To be informative you need the input of an episcopalian minister and a catholic priest in communion with the Catholic Church.

I think that you do not have an understanding of what absolution is. Absolution is forgiveness obtained through confession because of contrition, and contrition is shown by a sincere effort in changing our ways. He has not changed his ways and he has not even shown contrition so that would not enable an absolution.

It is not simply about changing community. He is not liked because initially he said that he wanted to have a good relation with the Catholic Church and then he attacks her. Catholics understand that the Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ and attacking her is attacking Christ.

Of course I don’t believe if one criticizes the Catholic church on criticizes Christ…and I would doubt no one but a Catholic would think so…

I would think he being on the “inside” of the CC and now able to compare it with TEC would be very informative…his “take” wouldn’t be one of white wash that’s for sure.

I most likely will watch it a time or two…

Well, he does have a family to support…got to cash in somehow :rolleyes:

I hardly doubt his past will be left in the past, ya know?

[quote="DJgang, post:13, topic:227032"]
Well, he does have a family to support...got to cash in somehow :rolleyes:

I hardly doubt his past will be left in the past, ya know?

[/quote]

It certainly is not here from all indications.;)

Yeah, I really hope he doesn’t stay in the past on his show, he really needs to move forward because he made the decision to leave, etc…

But we won’t know until we watch, i bet ya hannity will be watching him like a hawk.

Oh, no.... I hope this doesn't mean fox will be dumping Father Jonathan!

Cutié is exactly what is wrong with the Church today, man putting his own interest before God and his Church, this is probably how Catholics felt when luther and calvin turned their backs on God and his Church 500 years ago, this guy is such an embarrassment to the priesthood of Christ is not even funny. I saw him on tv the other day promoting his new book and tv show so he can fill his pockets like a good protestant, it makes me sick! :mad:

i would love to see a conversation between this guy cutie and Fr Corapi, now i would love to see that :thumbsup:

[quote="Publisher, post:8, topic:227032"]
His baptism and ordination should prevent him from hosting a show?

I've watched his interviews....he is very personalbe and appears to have a desire to serve God in a ministerial venue.

I think his perspective on the goings on within the Catholic and Episcopal church woudl be very informative.

[/quote]

I have no Problem with Him having a show On Fox Personally.

Does NOT mean I have to Watch Him. and I will Not.

He was Dishonest, was False to His Vows and His Church, and Went about what he Did the Wrong Way.

There have been Priests who Left The PriestHood to Marry a Woman because Of Conflicts with their Vows. And They are STILL within The Church. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
HE, However, wanted to "Have His Cake And Eat It Too" and remain A Priest AND Be In Mortal Sin. Because He Disagreed With The "Priests Can't Marry" Dogma.

His Superiors did not Even Know He Had Left The Church until They Saw Him On TV Professing His Conversion To The Episcopal Church.
Again, he can Have His Show If He Wants. But As For Me or People I Know Watching It-----NO WAY. :shrug::blush::thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.