Aldine ISD police: Middle school teacher gives student lap dance, says ‘I love you baby’

khou.com/news/local/Aldine-ISD-Police–Teacher-charged-with-improper-relationship-with-student-256678251.html

A middle school teacher has sashayed her way into a lot of trouble after she allegedly gave one of her students a birthday lap dance in front of the entire class.

I have to wonder that the pervert was intentionally trying to get fired because surely she should have recognized that she was going to get outed.

…and where is the national media coverage?

Why are the other sexually abused, and there must be, not crawling out of the woodwork and screaming that the teachers be dragged out of the classrooms and displayed upon the alter of public scrutiny?

my brother lives in the Houston area… not but a few dozen miles away… and he didn’t hear a thing about it - even in the local area news… of course, Houston is a big city so things that happen in one ward are not always covered/talked about in the other wards.

sorry… just bugs me.

Wow. :eek::(:mad:

After reading the first post I expected to see that the article was actually some sort of spam. I just could not believe it! :eek: :mad: :eek:

People have completely lost their sense of right and wrong. This is utterly disgusing, abusive, and immoral.

:frowning:

Hopefully justice will be served with a lengthy prison sentence!

You’d have to reverse the genders of the teacher and student for people to actually care, sadly.

Considering that many teachers statutorily rape students and get no prison time at all (“the student was asking for it” being the standard justification) I doubt whether this woman will even be tried with a crime. She will certainly never seen the inside of a prison. She might lose her job though.

As far as I know, the only crime she has been charged with is “inappropriate relationship with a student”

The local story broke on Friday, and then we went into the weekend. This news has “morning talk show” written all over it. I would expect it will covered by Good Morning America, Fox and Friends, The Today Show etc on Monday.

That is a more serious crime than it sounds. Here is the description of the crime in the Texas Penal Code

§ 21.12. IMPROPER RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN EDUCATOR AND STUDENT.

(a) An employee of a public or private primary or secondary school commits an offense if the employee engages in sexual contact, sexual intercourse, or deviate sexual intercourse with a person who is enrolled in a public or private primary or secondary school at which the employee works and who is not the employee’s spouse.

(b)  An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.         

law.onecle.com/texas/penal/21.12.00.html

The punishment for a second degree felony in Texas is significant

§ 12.33. SECOND DEGREE FELONY PUNISHMENT.

(a) An individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the second degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the institutional division for any term of not more than 20 years or less than 2 years.

(b) In addition to imprisonment, an individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the second degree may be punished by a fine not to exceed $10,000.

It’s VERY serious, and disturbing.

There was a similar incident reported this morning in Katy ISD. I’m not sure if these relationships are occurring more often or if they are just reported on more often.

I really don’t understand what a grown woman gets out of a relationship with a young boy. It just baffles me.

Wll, that’s inappropriate.

I suspect both. More teachers doing bad things, and more of them being reported.

It’s a hard job, it’s getting harder due to more restrictions on what one is allowed to use for discipline, the pay is falling further behind, and the costs of entry into the profession are higher than ever.

Which means that the stress levels are driving more off the deep end, and more are leaving for their own mental health, and thus more nutjobs are retained because no one more sane is available. People who would have been replaced before committing major offenses (because they simply weren’t professional) are now retained because no one will replace them, and the stress makes them more prone to cross the line.

I know a teacher who was non-retained (for multiple very minor offenses - repeated profanities) who has been (last I heard) rehired simply because there is no one to fill his job. one of these years, I expect him to physically assault a student.

These incidents seem to happen almost every week now! Strange that back when I went to school, in the 12 years I can think of NO TEACHER that was ever guilty of this? I never even heard of a similar incident anywhere, Just strange that this seems to be happening so often nowadays.

I think the clear double standard depending on whether its a male teacher/ female student or female teacher/ male student is strange, it still taking advantage of a young person, I know males do not put as much emphasis on sex as females, but still, if they are going to prosecute them, they really should prosecute both equally.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.