Alec Baldwin Calls Daughter a 'Rude, Thoughtless Pig'

Have you all head this recording of Alec Baldwin insulting and swearing at his 11 year old daughter on a phone message? I felt absolutely sickened listening to it.
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267302,00.html

Baldwin is caught on TMZ.com on an audiotape recording of a scalding message he left for his 12-year-old daughter Ireland

(Part of the message) “I don’t give a damn that you’re 12 years old or 11 years old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the a-- who doesn’t care about what you do,” Baldwin screams into the phone. He then warns Ireland that he’s coming to Los Angeles today, Friday, and will “straighten her out…”

More from the call: “Once again I’ve made an a-- of myself getting to a phone to make a phone call … I’m tired of playing this game with you. You have insulted me for the last time …You’ve made feel like sh-- and you’ve made feel like a fool over and over again … I’m going to straighten your a-- out … You are a rude, thoughtless little pig.”

His response?

“Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose their patience with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child,” he wrote.

Not to worry? Are you kidding me? Lose your patience? I have an eleven year old daughter and I can not in a million fathom speaking to her in such a way.
You can listen to the actual audio on the Fox News link -it’s absolutely chilling and disgusting.

“’ I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child,’ he wrote.”

Isn’t what he said to her worse than a media release?:confused::mad:
/

He must have 30 Rocks in his head.

John

I don’t know if it was needed to be released publicly, we should really step back and think if telling the world about our neighbor’s problem to the world is needed. Also we should to step back and thing of our intention of doing so.

If I recall correctly he lost his custody once it was brought up in court. I think that was a proper place to bring it out. I think the judge gave a fair judgement.

I know, I heard it on the tv today. It’s really physicaly sickening to hear a father talk to his child like that. I mean, as an 11 year old gilr, how must she feel to have her father say such awful things to her? I wouldn’t want to be alone with my father after something like that.
It’s very sad.

I agree - it’s terrible - no child should have to hear that.

But who released it to the media? Was it the mother? Or the child? I think that is also wrong. I wouldn’t want my worst moment to be broadcasted for all the world to see & judge me. I think just because someone is famous for the job he does, whether it politician or actor, doesn’t give us the right to know every single personal detail of his life. My life certainly couldn’t stand up to such scrutiny.

He made some comment about how we all lose our tempers with our children, and that is true. However, he went on a 5 minute rant using terrible language and scathing personal cuts. I’ve blown a few times, but never for a lengthy period and never using such foul language. A parent usually steps back and regrets a blow immediately after it has escaped his/her lips.

I understand from what keeps repeating itself on TV is that this has been a nasty divorce. Each parent seems to be lashing out at the other with no thought to the damage being done to the child. I wish divorced parents could get it thru their selfish heads that a child wants to love each parent and wants to have the love of each parent. One parent who demeans the other is hurting the child. And when the child is grown, he/she will remember the angry parent and not think kindly of them.

DISCLOSURE: I DON’T like Alec Baldwin at all. I wasn’t defending him - just his right to privacy.

If someone spoke like that to my 11 y.o., she would be so traumatized. It breaks my heart to imagine what that poor child has endured behind closed doors.

Reading that transcript made me sick to my stomach because I know what it is like to get those irate messages on the anwering machine. I’m an adult though, I can’t imagine how hurtful that is to a child. It used to always make me feel panicked to realize that I had been somewhere where I would miss a call, because I knew that there would be a tirade like that waiting for me. I’m just glad those days are over for me, and I hope there is some way to protect this innocent child.

Of all the horrible things he said, I wish mostly that he hadn’t used the word “stupid”. Being called such a thing by adults is scarring, and very painful, I know. It can very much damage one’s confidence. I’ll pray for his poor girl.

Totally unaceptable but there is also no doubt that Ms Bassinger is using the daughter as a tool to get back at him, Both of them should be ashamed of what they are doing to this girl

Takes one to know one!

He made a mistake and regrets it. It should remain a private matter.

Why did the mother leak this?

:eek: Disgusting! That is absolutely abusive -not a parent losing his patience. That poor girl,what vile things to say to your own child.:frowning:

Oh it gets much worse, you should hear how he treats his employees

bringyou.to/TheLeadsAreWeak.mp3

Phil P :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s a “closer?”

This guy is pretty terrible. I wonder if he’s on drugs? I heard the recording on the news of his verbal abuse of his poor daughter. I’m not sure it’s so bad that the world got to find out what a sociopathic, abusive creep he is. I’m not surprised he’s having an acrimonious divorce! :eek:

I hope his daughter can get some therapy and is able to maintain a healthy distance from this despicable man.

“Close” is a term in the sales or mortgage industry. A “closer” closes the deal, or closes the loan. A, B, C, Always Be Closing. 'Cause only closers get the coffee!
Not really but its a funny line. :smiley:

I work in the mortgage industry so I get it. :slight_smile:

Phil P

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.