Alien here, but am I a rebel? Or do I need a different vocation?

Hi :)

I have always been passionate, whether it be having fun or trying to be the best Catholic that I can be since I've come back to the church.

I am at a stage where I've chatted to a lot of Catholic women and most of them are not for me. I am kind of down to two now lol :rolleyes: Before I turn them down I just want to know if I am either just not content with being a good person so I am evil, or if I am called to give my all to God as a priest or monk.

My brother is a doctor who is not religious, so I see no point to his life. My father is not religious and doesn'y have a great job, so I see no point in his existence. I see many Catholics that are not trying to be saints, which makes me think that is daft because what's the point in being a half-Catholic? Eeeeee :)

I feel kind of lost! I am not like other people :o

God bless

Dylan

I certainly do not have all the answers and am myself a young man, but perhaps rather than becoming a diocesan priest or entering religious life, you should marry while still being closely involved in the Church. You might join Opus Dei or a secular order or become a lay oblate. Later on, you could become the permanent deacon if God wills it. If you go upon the path of marriage and want a life as meaningful as possible, you should probably select a good profession, like medicine(as you have mentioned) or even teaching. And, even though it may be tempting, it is not a good thing to judge the worth of others’ existence; even a fly has some meaning to his life. I wish good luck to you.

I’m a little bit flabbergasted that you see no point in doctors. Doctors help us with our health. They save lives. Regardless of his non-belief, he is doing good in this world.

No-one has to have a glamorous job. That’s why jobs pay. Someone needs to do the work. Your father lives his own life, and I sure he has joys outside of his work.

I’ll pray for you tonight.

[quote="crazydyl, post:1, topic:201812"]
Hi :)

I have always been passionate, whether it be having fun or trying to be the best Catholic that I can be since I've come back to the church.

I am at a stage where I've chatted to a lot of Catholic women and most of them are not for me. I am kind of down to two now lol :rolleyes: Before I turn them down I just want to know if I am either just not content with being a good person so I am evil, or if I am called to give my all to God as a priest or monk.

My brother is a doctor who is not religious, so I see no point to his life. My father is not religious and doesn'y have a great job, so I see no point in his existence. I see many Catholics that are not trying to be saints, which makes me think that is daft because what's the point in being a half-Catholic? Eeeeee :)

I feel kind of lost! I am not like other people :o

God bless

Dylan

[/quote]

You say you are passionate, but I see no passion in you whatsoever Dylan.

You seem to be very clinical in your thoughts and very calculating in everything you do. You certainly do think things through, but you seem to do so in a calculated manor. Life decisions over marriage or the priesthood need to be thought of in a more human way, a more feeling way and a prayful way. You don't seem to be praying on this decision at all, just calculating which will be better for your future wife, or better for the parishoners you might have in the future.

It sounds as though you put girls in a line-up and interview them to see if they are worthy of you. That is a poor way to find a spouse. Do you even love the two "lucky" women you talk about, or do they just meet your standards? Do you even love the Church, or are you just going to do everyone a favor by becoming a priest? Because that is the way you come across, like your doing these girls a favor by choosing one as if your on a game show or reality program, or you are going to grace all of us who have lives with no meaning by becoming a priest.

My friend, you need to humble yourself. You need to pray and you need to really start taking your discernment seriously. This is the most important decision in your life, so you need to start acting as though it is....

[quote="jimcav, post:4, topic:201812"]

You seem to be very clinical in your thoughts and very calculating in everything you do. You certainly do think things through, but you seem to do so in a calculated manor. Life decisions over marriage or the priesthood need to be thought of in a more human way, a more feeling way and a prayful way. You don't seem to be praying on this decision at all, just calculating which will be better for your future wife, or better for the parishoners you might have in the future.

It sounds as though you put girls in a line-up and interview them to see if they are worthy of you. That is a poor way to find a spouse. Do you even love the two "lucky" women you talk about, or do they just meet your standards? Do you even love the Church, or are you just going to do everyone a favor by becoming a priest? Because that is the way you come across, like your doing these girls a favor by choosing one as if your on a game show or reality program, or you are going to grace all of us who have lives with no meaning by becoming a priest.

My friend, you need to humble yourself. You need to pray and you need to really start taking your discernment seriously. This is the most important decision in your life, so you need to start acting as though it is....

[/quote]

I have no passion but I think a lot? I think so that I can do the best thing possible with my passion. Once I have decided I will use that passion.

I have now decided what I will do. I just want to work hard so that I can make enough money for the people in the world with no food or water. I will also maybe have a family one day if I can find a women with similar values to me, but the main thing for me is looking after God's special people, because we are all soooooo special :) I will hopefully have high yearly incomes in the future so that I can give more money away :)

I am giving up all of my time and life to do this, so don't tell me that I have no passion. I see many Catholics driving flash cars, drinking alcohol, going on holidays etc. when they could have given that money to help the poor. These people don't realise how special we all are - and that includes the 1,000,000 children who will die from dehydration this year. These people are my focus and are my life - I do this for God who loves them.

Don't tell me I am not passionate when you don't even know me.

[quote="jimcav, post:4, topic:201812"]

[/quote]

The world is messed up and Jesus will come soon. I won't comment any further. Even The Catholic Church is being affected by our evil culture - that includes individual Catholics.

I do what I do and you can comment on it however you like. I do what I believe to be right and that is to help people who have no food and water, because the world is messed up and even if you tell people the truth they don't care, because they see everyone else do it. They have no courage about them.

Say what you want about me. I won't comment on this website again because the Catholic culture is all wrong and twisted, nowadays. It is upsetting, but even 99% of Catholics don't match my passion. Surely if they believed in God, then they should go at being one 100%, because it is so cool what God has done for us - this is sadly not the case.

Goodbye CAF :thumbsup:

Jimcav is right on.

You sound immature and self-obsessed. Also self-righteous.

I’ll bet your brother’s patients don’t think his life is pointless. I’ll bet your father doesn’t think his life is pointless either, even though one of his sons has no respect for him.

You’ll do everyone a favor by remaining single–at least for now. Wait until you grow up, then decide.

[quote="crazydyl, post:6, topic:201812"]
The world is messed up and Jesus will come soon. I won't comment any further. Even The Catholic Church is being affected by our evil culture - that includes individual Catholics.

I do what I do and you can comment on it however you like. I do what I believe to be right and that is to help people who have no food and water, because the world is messed up and even if you tell people the truth they don't care, because they see everyone else do it. They have no courage about them.

Say what you want about me. I won't comment on this website again because the Catholic culture is all wrong and twisted, nowadays. It is upsetting, but even 99% of Catholics don't match my passion. Surely if they believed in God, then they should go at being one 100%, because it is so cool what God has done for us - this is sadly not the case.

Goodbye CAF :thumbsup:

[/quote]

Hmmm, can't really figure out where all of that came from, but OK...:(

Well, I'll pray for you my friend.....:gopray2:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.