Alison Dubois - yea or nea to what she does

I was watching Rove Live the other day, and he had Alison Dubois on the show.
She is a medium, and helps the DAs pick a jury that would be likely to convict by reading what apparently comes to her through clairvoyant visions.
There’s that show, Medium, about her as well.

Now, i was wondering…
Would what she is doing be accepted by the church? Is it morally acceptable?

One arguement i have is that she doesn’t really go out of her way to summon up these spirits (eg. she doesn’t use an ouijia board). I was reading a booklet on purgatory, and there is a visionary in Austria who gets visits from the souls in purgatory asking her for help for their deliverance.

Any comments?

Well, if you take the bible as the word of God what she is doing satanic. Plain and simple. Remember Saul who consulted a ‘medium’?

[quote=Nekić]Would what she is doing be accepted by the church? Is it morally acceptable?
[/quote]

Um, no. The Church categorically condemns all occult activity.

She is a medium, and helps the DAs pick a jury that would be likely to convict…

If this is true, it hardly seems ethical for a prosecutor to attempt such a tactic. If you could actually select a jury you *knew *would convict, the defendant does not enjoy his right to presumption of innocene or fair trial (that’s called kangaroo court). But, mind you, I doubt this woman’s advice is any better than a stranger chosen at random.

The Catechism:
2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future. Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

That said, Ms. Dubois’s claims are doubtful at best. Still, I admit she may have some sort of power from somewhere

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.