All branches of service met November active-duty recruiting goals

In case you were wondering…

ARLINGTON, Va. — All branches of the service exceeded their active-duty recruiting goals for November, but some reserve components fell short for the month, the Defense Department reported Monday.

The Defense Department released recruiting figures for November that show:

[list]
*]The Army reached 105 percent of its recruiting goal with 5,856 recruits.
*]The Navy reached 102 percent of its goal with 2,742 recruits.
*]The Marine Corps reached 105 percent of its goal with 2,127 recruits.
*]The Air Force reached 101 percent of its goal with 2,407 recruits.
[/list]estripes.com/article.asp?article=33687&section=104

And I wonder how many corners recruiters had to cut before they reached their quotas?:confused:

Not sure about them, but I am not one who would easily volunteer to be terrorist IED canon fodder half a world away.

I’m pretty sure that was their pitch. Come join the military, see the world, be IED cannon fodder! :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, there are people who want to serve their country, even though they know the risk to their lives.

[quote=Catholic29]And I wonder how many corners recruiters had to cut before they reached their quotas?:confused:

Not sure about them, but I am not one who would easily volunteer to be terrorist IED canon fodder half a world away.
[/quote]

[quote=Catholic29]And I wonder how many corners recruiters had to cut before they reached their quotas?:confused:

[/quote]

Thank goodness we are not depending on you to defend the country.

[quote=mary bobo]Thank goodness we are not depending on you to defend the country.
[/quote]

As if Iraq were ever an imminent threat to our country.

But I rest my case, no use beating a dead horse…

My son isn’t either. He is in theater today fighting for the freedom of 25,000,000 people and to keep you free to spew this.

[quote=Catholic29]As if Iraq were ever an imminent threat to our country.
[/quote]

As if you had read the Resolution giving reasons to invade.

[quote=Catholic29]But I rest my case, no use beating a dead horse…
[/quote]

How charitable.

[quote=gilliam]My son isn’t either. He is in theater today fighting for the freedom of 25,000,000 people and to keep you free to spew this.
[/quote]

And you’re doing a good job supporting him and his buddies.

Troops are really extraordinary human beings. I see some of the artillery cadets where I work. I’ve been watching them grow from rebellious kids with zero attention span into confident, calm, attentive, informed young folks. Very impressive. Very special and admirable qualities. God bless them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.