All Food store customers must wear masks

They’re making us wear them in some of the larger food stores here in Idaho. Ours is one of the more lenient states. Masks aren’t (yet) required everywhere.

When they start making folks wear them in the privacy of their own homes, I think many will be drawing the line. What with cameras in home computers and other ultra-modern technology, along with snoopy neighbors who refuse to mind their own business, one’s home may not be as “private” as one thinks, even when all the drapes are drawn shut.

I would hate for our homes to become our prisons, but things just may come to that. Draconian beyond all reason.

To my knowledge, no one in a position of authority has suggested that. Do you imagine that public health experts and government leaders have such a lust for power? They don’t. They are just looking at the death toll and the rapidly filling hospitals and figuring out what the people can do to make things better.

Of course, if there is a sick person in the house, the sick person and others in the house may wish to wear a mask for their own good.

1 Like

Yeah, it would be unenforceable anyway. The police can barely even enforce the mask laws on the public streets around here; they certainly don’t have the resources to go into private homes and check on what’s going on, even if they were legally permitted to do so, which they probably aren’t.

1 Like

Here in Canada all grocery stores have required masks since the start of COVID-19. Nothing new here.

1 Like

New Mexico has a statewide mandate for wearing masks in public places (including walking down the street.) My only issue is the number of people (mostly from out of state) that pitch a fit about wearing a mask inside businesses as if it’s the business owner’s fault that the mandate is in place.

If I could, I’d post a notice that says, “No, we didn’t make the rule; no, we don’t like the rule; but we are supposed to enforce it and we aren’t the only business in town that does. We’re not enforcing it because we agree with it, we’re trying to avoid getting slapped with a hefty fine or being shut down. So stop throwing a tantrum and snarky comments at the workers. You don’t want to wear a mask, don’t come in our store, but be quiet about it. Nothing you have to say about it is new to us and quite frankly, we’re tired of hearing it and we’re not impressed. If you want to come in, then follow the guidelines and don’t be “THAT” customer we constantly have to remind to keep the mask on. We’re just trying to stay open and make a living. Can you give us a break, please??”

It’s been a long year, folks…

2 Likes

There is a YouTube parody video of a Disney show tune about mask wearing. I won’t post it here as it’s a tad too salty for CAF, but it’s pretty good.

We’ve been wearing masks since April. Why is this being posted like 7 months later and it’s pretty obvious??

There’s a neighborhood store near me that encourages customers to not wear masks. They get my business and they are busy.

1 Like

I would actually not shop there.

4 Likes

That’s fine. The nice thing is I can choose.

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

You know what’s really bad? They make me wear shoes and a shirt! Don’t they know my little piggies can’t breathe in shoes? Doesn’t everyone want to see my 68 yo chest? The horror!

Next, they are going to make me wear shoes in my home…it’s coming, you just wait and see!

/sarcasm

4 Likes

I have to wear a mask everywhere in every store …

1 Like

I will proudly be violating the state mandate this Thanksgiving with a huge family gathering and i guarantee you there will be lots of laughing, lots of singing, lots of hugs and kisses and no masks.

1 Like

I hope you don’t end up like this guy.

2 Likes

Not worried.

I have zero problem wearing a mask. This shouldn’t even be a question.

4 Likes

Yep, had people do Hitler salutes at me at work for asking can they put one on. Had people give me punch, push me out of the way. A staff member was bounced off a window repeatedly and had to go to hospital because other customers said they didn’t feel comfy with one guy not wearing one one and standing on top of them and she asked him to please move back a bit. Those of us selling you things have heard any spiel you will come out with before. Any talk about dog muzzles, being controlled etc. etc. we have heard upwards of literally a thousand times. We aren’t interested, you aren’t original and you are not funny. We don’t love it either, grow up and put your big boy pants or panties on.

4 Likes

Such a hero. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

That guy wasn’t either.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.