All honor and glory belong to whom Mary or Jesus.

Feast of the catholic church to Honor Christ.
Christmas (12/25) Birth of Jesus
Epiphany (Jan 6)
Easter (Spring) Resurrection
Good Friday (Spring) Crucifixion

Feast of the catholic chruch to Honor Mary
Solemnity of Mary (Jan 1)
Purification of Mary (Feb 2)
Our Lady of Lourdes (Feb 11)
Annunciation (Mar 25)
Visitation of Mary (Mar 31)
Visitation (May 31)
Immaculate Heart of Mary (Sat. After 2nd Sunday after Pentecost)
Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Jul 16)
Parents of Mary (July 26)
Assumption (Aug 15)
Queenship of Mary (Aug 22)
Birth of Mary (Sep 8)
Our Lady of Sorrows (Sep 15)
Our Lady of the Rosary (Oct 7)
Presentation of Mary (Nov 21)
Immaculate Conception (Dec 8)
Our Lady of Guadalupe (Dec 12)

That is a 17 for mary and 4 for christ.

QUESTION: To whom does Rome give the most honor, Jesus or Mary? Your answer?
QUESTION: Why does Rome elevate Mary above Jesus when it comes to offering honor? Your answer?
QUESTION: Can you see how Rome contradicts the Bible in this area? Your answer?

This is a new twist, one I find diasturbing, though par for the course. It is why us protestants whom don’t see things the same as Catholics look at these issues as offensive. You’ll find by the answers that come is They elevate Christ by elevating Mary, and somehow they’ll give an explanation using scriptural typology of Eve and then you’ll be ripped on for not respecting Mary because they call her the "Mother of all"
Just my $ .02 of how this might play out…

nevermind

Gennnnnnnnntlemen…
You forgot the 52 Sundays a year, Holy Days of Obligation all, that are to honor Christ.

Any other silly questions I can help you with?

PS, a Holy Day of Obligation is a day when it is mortal sin not to attend Mass. All Sundays are such. Most Marian feasts aren’t.

This is garbage JS. You have no idea what you are talking about. There are many more feasts for Christ than you have named. You wouldn’t have bothered to post this junk if you had the guts to do your own homework instead of preaching here. :stuck_out_tongue:

Your veiled assertion that we worship or glorify the Blessed Virgin more than Christ is sheer anti-Catholic propaganda and patently untrue.

Why don’t you guys quit setting up your straw men arguments and actually discuss what we really do believe?

We won’t take you seriously (as no intelligent person would) so long as you guys persist in this kind of rhetoric and propaganda.

Is this how you guys “witness”? :ehh:

Very well said! :wink:

(Let’s always set the highest standard of charity here, ok?)

How silly you are

All these feast celebrate Our Lord Jesus. You have to pad by listing The parents of Mary which are also the grandparents of Jesus.
I would add to your list
The Baptism of the Lord Jan 8
Conversion of St. Paul Jan 25
Presentation of our Lord Feb 2 you incorrectly listed it as Purification of Mary
The Chair of St. Peter, Apostle Feb 22
You list the Annunciation as Mary but it is the Annunciation of the Lord.
The Ascension forty days after Easter.
Feast of the Transfiguration August 6
The Exaltation of the Holy Cross Sept 14
Holy Innocents Dec 28
UESTION: To whom does Rome give the most honor, Jesus or Mary? Your answer? Mary always points to her son to give her honor, honor her son
QUESTION: Why does Rome elevate Mary above Jesus when it comes to offering honor? Your answer? You are incorrect
QUESTION: Can you see how Rome contradicts the Bible in this area? Your answer? There is no contradiction only lies from you. Your list is dishonest.

You very conveniently forgot - must have deliberately ignored - at least a couple (only a few) Christocentric feasts there :rolleyes: There are probably more that I can’t remember offhand.

Circumcision of Jesus (Jan 1)
Holy Name of Jesus (jan 1)
Baptism of Jesus (Sunday of the first week of January)
Sacred Heart of Jesus (usually the last Friday of June)
Precious Blood of **Jesus **(first Sunday of July or thereabouts)
Corpus **Christi **(Body of Christ - ie the Eucharist) (60 Days after Easter)
Christ the King (Sunday before the 1st Sunday of Advent)
Transfiguration of **Christ **(August 6)
Ascenscion of Christ (40 days after Easter)
Holy Thursday - Commemoration of Christ’s Last Supper
Sunday before Easter - Palm Sunday - honours Christ’s entry into Jerusalem
Annunciation (March 25) is every bit as much a Christocentric feast as a Marian one - it was the date of HIS conception!!!

And what about the feasts in honour of the other members of the Trinity who also happen to not be Mary and are also honoured - such as Trinity Sunday (Sunday after Easter) and Pentecost (in honour of the Holy Spirit) Funny in all your mention of Christ you seem to have forgotten the other two people of the Holy Trinity who are to be equally honoured with Christ, and which we do in every single Mass and with every single Sign of hte Cross we make.

And that’s on top of, as has been pointed out, every other blessed Lord’s Day (Sunday) of the year - which is sacred to the Father and the Holy Spirit as well as the Son.

Your answer?

The others have said this well not only did you not list all of the Days to our Lord you list some Wrongly.Solemnity of Mary (Jan 1) Mary Mother of God
Purification of Mary (Feb 2) No this is the Presentation of Our Lord
Our Lady of Lourdes (Feb 11) Not this year it falls on a Sunday.
Annunciation (Mar 25) It is Mar 26 and is the Annunciation of the Lord
Visitation of Mary (Mar 31) Nope

Parents of Mary (July 26) Grandparents of Jesus

Birth of Mary (Sep 8) Not on the calender

Our Lady of the Rosary (Oct 7) Respect life Sunday

I

JESUS.

QUESTION: Why does Rome elevate Mary above Jesus when it comes to offering honor? Your answer?

We don’t.

QUESTION: Can you see how Rome contradicts the Bible in this area? Your answer?

No because Rome doesn’t.

This list when compared to the list below only shows how malicious you are with so little knowledge.

Right on, lilyM. Moreover, our friend here fails to consider another thing:

Christmas (12/25) Birth of Jesus - Solemnity with Octave
Epiphany (Jan 6) - Solemnity
Easter (Spring) Resurrection - Solemnity with Octave
Good Friday (Spring) Crucifixion - Triduum (Rank 1)
Circumcision of Jesus (Jan 1) - Solemnity (Mother of God)
Holy Name of Jesus (jan 1) - Optional Memorial
Baptism of Jesus (Sunday of the first week of January) - Feast
Sacred Heart of Jesus (usually the last Friday of June) - Solemnity
Precious Blood of **Jesus **(first Sunday of July or thereabouts) - Sunday
Corpus **Christi **(Body of Christ - ie the Eucharist) (60 Days after Easter) - Solemnity
Christ the King (Sunday before the 1st Sunday of Advent) - Solemnity
Transfiguration of **Christ **(August 6) - Feast
Ascenscion of Christ (40 days after Easter) - Solemnity
Holy Thursday - Commemoration of Christ’s Last Supper - Triduum (Rank 1)
Sunday before Easter - Palm Sunday - honours Christ’s entry into Jerusalem - Solemnity
Annunciation (March 25) is every bit as much a Christocentric feast as a Marian one - it was the date of HIS conception!!! - Solemnity: Conception of the Lord
Trinity Sunday: Solemnity
Pentecost: Solemnity

PLUS: Feasts OF THE LORD that fall on Sunday are treated with higher respect by being celebrated the evening before. Feasts of Mary and memorials are never treated this way.

Feast of the catholic chruch to Honor Mary
Solemnity of Mary (Jan 1) - Solemnity
Purification of Mary (Feb 2) - Opt. Memorial
Our Lady of Lourdes (Feb 11) - Memorial
Annunciation (Mar 25) - See above: Solemnity
Visitation (May 31) - Feast
Immaculate Heart of Mary (Sat. After 2nd Sunday after Pentecost) - Opt. Memorial
Our Lady of Mount Carmel (Jul 16) - Opt. Memorial
Parents of Mary (July 26) Memorial
Assumption (Aug 15) Solemnity
Queenship of Mary (Aug 22) Memorial
Birth of Mary (Sep 8) Feast
Our Lady of Sorrows (Sep 15) Memorial
Our Lady of the Rosary (Oct 7) Memorial
Presentation of Mary (Nov 21) Memorial
Immaculate Conception (Dec 8) Solemnity
Our Lady of Guadalupe (Dec 12) Memorial: U.S.

A little research will show that there are more Solemnities of the Lord than memorials. So please, before even starting to open your mouth, get a bit of a hint about how the Church honors her Lord and his mother.

Isn’t there an old adage that says that a little learning is a dangerous thing? :smiley:

Catholics are required to attend Mass. Mass is celebrated to honor Christ. We recieve holy communion at each Mass.

Looking at antiCatholic literature won’t help you understand Catholicism anymore then reading antiAmerican pamplets will help you understand our country.

The Annunciation is also in honor of Jesus since it was when Mary first became pregnant with Jesus. At least put it in both categories.

And the Assumption alos recalls the joy felt at such a meeting of Mother and Son…It is Christ’s love for his mother that assumes her to Heaven and therefore, the feast of the Assumption recalls Christ as well.

Catholics are required to attend Mass. Mass is celebrated to honor Christ. We recieve holy communion at each Mass.

Looking at antiCatholic literature won’t help you understand Catholicism anymore then reading antiAmerican pamplets will help you understand our country.

I sure hope you ain’t talkin’ to me–I was refuting this yahoo!

You’re not talking to me, I hope. Are you?

I was agreeing with you and adding to what you said, but I was addressing the OP because that is who started the thread. That’s not obvious?:confused: I am sorry, though, if I offended you. I really did not mean to do so.

Sometimes I forget that no one can read my mind and know my intentions.:o

Protestants are under the mistaken belief that we honor and worship Mary above Christ. Some even go so far as to state that we worship the pope. they even think we worship statues of Mary. :rolleyes:

Christ is first and foremost to any Catholic. Christ is not the least important, and Mary does not have a place above Christ in our faith.

We all know that without Jesus, there is no salvation. Every Catholic knows this fact and believes it… I have listened to alot of protestants views on the Blessed Virgin, and alot have been good, but most are mistaken because they do not know what we believe about her.

I have posted for you in your other post Joseph, links for you to check out from our library here at CAF. you asked about salvation, and declared we are not Christians, and you asked about who took care of Mary, and you asked alot of things for which I provided links for you to read. Now if you were truly
interested in what we believe about Mary and salvation, and so on, you’d take the time to read it instead of attacking us.

Why not sit back and read the links i gave you, and then come back here and ask us any questions you feel need to be asked. Also, a good thing for you to do is to use the 'Ask and Apologist" why not post there and ask a question of one of those people there?

Instead of stating things, read the facts first, and then come and ask us after you have read it. go to the library here at CAF and read through the pages, because it answers all your questions about what we believe. let me ask you this, are you here to learn about what we believe, or are you here to cause dissension?

It seems clear to me that Joseph Smith has absolutely no interest in what we have to say.
As you all know we have good discussions with many of our Protestant friends who, although they disagree with us on some things, are not antagonistic, bitter bigots like JS has shown he is in his threads and posts.
He is simply here as an anti-Catholic bigot trying to stir things up.

let’s give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he answers to my post. ( if he answers )

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.