All LAUSD schools closed by 'credible threat' of violence

Officials closed all Los Angeles Unified School District campuses Tuesday morning after receiving a “credible threat” of violence involving backpacks and packages left at campuses.

Authorities said they plan a search operation of all the LAUSD’s more than 900 schools. The nation’s second-largest school district has more than 700,000 students.

latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-all-lausd-schools-closed-threat-20151215-story.html

I work in Los Angeles and thankfully my children don’t attend LAUSD but it is still very scary we are not that far from a “LAUSD” school. I wanted to go back and get them . As I was driving the thought of " you need to say the Rosaryfor peace" . what is wrong with people ? makes me sad and angry!.

Now the copy cats are starting up - all to tack a couple extra days on winter break. I’m giving exams this week. :shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.