All Power Seminars?

I was watching the 3ABN network over the weekend and some guy named Leo Schreven has a ‘It Is Written’ Bible Prophecy Seminar. In it he rapid fires off such topics as:

The Sabath is the Lords day and not Sunday.
The Pope is the anti-Christ.
The Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon.
The Catholic Church before Vatican II forbid Catholics from reading the Bible.
Etc…

Does anyone have more information on this guy? What religion is he? Why does he say such horrible things about Christs body (many things he says are just plain false)? Big following? Etc.???

Does 3ABN allow anyone to have programs or do they care if the information is truthfull at all?:frowning:

[quote=Malachi4U]I was watching the 3ABN network over the weekend and some guy named Leo Schreven has a ‘It Is Written’ Bible Prophecy Seminar. In it he rapid fires off such topics as:

Etc…

Does anyone have more information on this guy? What religion is he? Why does he say such horrible things about Christs body (many things he says are just plain false)? Big following? Etc.???

Does 3ABN allow anyone to have programs or do they care if the information is truthfull at all?:frowning:
[/quote]

3ABN is a Seventh-Day Adventist religious network. I suspect that Mother Angelica will allow Adventists to broadcast on EWTN before 3ABN permits Roman Catholics on their station.

The speaker you cite is probably thoroughly as convinced of his position as you are of yours. Adventists hold to a ‘historicist’ interpretation of prophetic scripture, in which the Roman Catholic organization is the ‘little horn’ of Daniel–the anti-Christ, which supplanted the original pagan Rome (Daniel 7:1-8, 7:15-28. See also Daniel 8:2-14, 21-27). However, they hold a more moderate view of present-day Roman Catholics not much different from the ‘baptism of desire’ of Catholic theology. That is, they assume that most Catholics are sincere and making a reasonable attempt to follow Christ and may therefore be accepted by God in His mercy as redeeemed. They are among the ‘Elect’ who have been deceived–see Matthew 24:24. In the ‘time of Jacob’s trouble’ (their favored term for what other Protestants like to call the ‘Great Tribulation’) it will become increasingly clear that Roman Catholicism is an apostate religion and that the true Sabbath is Saturday. Those living in that time will be forced to make a conscious choice to reject Catholicism and it’s “mark” of Sunday worship (thought to show the arrogance of Catholics in asserting they can nullify or modify God’s Law); or accepting the Law of God and rejecting the authority and teachings of Roman Catholicism. Hope this helps!

flameburns623,

Thanks,

I had a notion it was SDA due to all the vegan cooking shows. I was thrown off though when some of them added ‘chicken flavoring’ to the meal?

Have the missed the Scripture verses that tell us we are not ‘saved’ by what we eat but rather by what we do? That all 4 legged animals were given to us by God?

[quote=Malachi4U]flameburns623,

Thanks,

I had a notion it was SDA due to all the vegan cooking shows. I was thrown off though when some of them added ‘chicken flavoring’ to the meal?

Have the missed the Scripture verses that tell us we are not ‘saved’ by what we eat but rather by what we do? That all 4 legged animals were given to us by God?
[/quote]

In Genesis, animals were permitted to humans as food only following the Flood, apparently in conjunction with God’s decision to shorten men’s lives.

Adventists distinguish between the Moral Law, Theocratic Law, Dietary Laws, and Ceremonial Laws of the OT. The Theocratic laws ceased to operate when the nation of Israel ceased to function. The Ceremonial laws were fulfilled in Christ. The Moral Law is eternal and unchanging–hence the emphasis upon the 7th-day Sabbath among Adventists. And dietary laws were observed prior to their explicit definition in Leviticus: Noah discriminated between ‘clean’ and ‘unclean’ animals on the Ark, the children of Israel observed such distinctions throughout the Exodus, prior to the reception of the Levitical code, etcetera.

Adventists don’t believe that observing the dietary laws ‘saves’ one but only that such laws were given by God for our good health and well-being. Honoring such laws is a way of honoring our bodies as the temple of God’s Holy Spirit.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, thats very helpfull and you included facts to back up what you said!

[quote=Malachi4U]I was watching the 3ABN network over the weekend and some guy named Leo Schreven has a ‘It Is Written’ Bible Prophecy Seminar. In it he rapid fires off such topics as:

Etc…

What religion is he? Why does he say such horrible things about Christs body (many things he says are just plain false)? Big following? Etc.???

[/quote]

As someone else said the man is an obvious Seventh-Day Adventist. The SDAs are deceptive in not disclosing the name of their cult when advertising their programs, seminars, television shows etc. In fact I get fliers in the mail and on my door about SDA “prophecy seminars” about five times a year. They usually do not hold these seminars in their churches, but in hotel meeting rooms not disclosing their affiliation with the SDAs until several meetings. How do I know these fliers are from the SDAs? From key words that SDAs use and no -one else uses. Like for example the “testimoney of the prophet”. The SDAs have one Ellen Gould White as their “prophetess”, her words in her hundreds of documents are considered equal to the words of the Bible.

E.G.White wrote (actually plagarised) a book called “The Great Controversy” in that book you will find page after page of lies about the Catholic Church and history in general. SDAs officially teach that the Catholic Church is the antichrist, the “beast” and the “great Whore of Babylon”.

They insist that the KJV is the only valid Bible. That we do not go to heaven or hell after death but enter into a state they call “soul sleep”. They follow the kosher laws of the Old Testaments concering “clean and unclean” meats, and are a type of blend between Judaism and Christianity… SDAs teach that Jesus Christ is the same person as the Archangel Micheal. That they are the sole “remnant Church”. They predicted that Jesus would return in 1841, when that failed to happen they changed the teaching to state that Jesus has been in the “heavenly sanctuaury” since 1842 judging the world.

The SDAs also teach that alcohol, dancing, and the wearing of makeup and any jewelry (even including wedding rings) by women is forebidden.

I went to all the trouble of typing this long reply Malachi to try and disuade you from watching thier TV channel. You will find nothing but confusion there, and may soon find yourself sitting in an SDA chapel on Satruday morning.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.