All Saints Day and no Mass?

Although I live in Canada where All Saints Day is not a Holy Day of Obligation, it’s still a first class feast and a Solemnity, yet I cannot find a Church with a Mass this evening. The Bishop even canceled the daily 5:30 p.m. Mass at his Basilica for an “evening of music, prayer, and special presentations”. I guess I should have made the three hour drive to a TLM Parish. :frowning:

(and no I don’t live in an igloo or some remote area) : :smiley:

Maybe the only Mass that was celebrated was in the morning. I don’t know the details, but maybe there is a lack of priests or some other reason.

(Sending this message from my igloo! ;))

Yes you do… we all do!:thumbsup:

Got to mass at 9:00a.m. But no mass!!!!:mad:

I don’t live in an igloo either, though I am in a remote area. We had no Mass yesterday or today because the Bishop called our priests to the diocesan office for meeting. Pastor left Sunday afternoon and returned late tonight.

Well, I live in a Canadian city with a population of about 200,000 and of the 14 parishes within a 15 minute drive from my house, only one had an evening Mass on All Saints day although every one had Masses in the morning. On the other hand, today, All Souls Day, along with morning Masses, more than half the parishes [8 of them] had an evening Memorial Mass as well. There is no special reason for any parish to have evening Masses, even on a Solemnity, if it isn’t their custom to do so.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.