All Saints Day and Saturday Vigil

Hello. So, I went to mass today (Saturday) for All Souls Day and I received the Eucharist. I go to Saturday Vigil mass every week. Does this mean I cannot receive the Eucharist at the Saturday Vigil mass since I received it earlier today for All Souls Day? I thought that one cannot receive the Eucharist more than once a day. Thanks for any responses. :)

You may, indeed, receive a second time. From Canon Law:

A person who has already received the Most Holy Eucharist can receive it a second time on the same day only within the eucharistic celebration in which the person participates, without prejudice to the prescript of can. 921 §2" (CIC 917). (Note: Canon 921 §2 deals with reception by those in danger of death.)

Thank you so much for you response! :)

Probably too late, but yes, Canon Law allows you to receive a second time within a day if it's within a Mass. It doesn't make much of a difference if you receive or not, since you already received once today.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.