All Saints Day

Today is all saints and in honor of it I have a question about the saints. I am a current Anglican (more catholic at heart, its a long story) and I pray to the saints. My question for Catholics is, do you think that they hear me when I pray to them? Or do they only intercede for Catholics? I’m ignorant of this position in the CC. God Bless.

Saints = ‘Friends of God’.

The saints are delivering your message to God the same as a card carrying member of God’s Church on earth.

In this type of situation, where we might want to understand is the graces God gives through His Church (sacraments, etc.) might help us to notice and understand the returned mail.

Many say their prayers are not answered and get frustrated, where it’s probably likely they might not notice the answer was given, or understand the message. This is where the effect of grace comes to play.

I have to say something to you, and is my personal opinion, Many Catholics, Make the Mistake of Pray to the Saints, waiting for the miracle, and many times too much, specially in South America. look the way a see the Saints, more then pray to them is there example, so i can tell you something, read a lot, and learn first about they life, Look many people say Oh yeah I pray to Saint Francis for example, and they Don’t even know his Story, so my point is more then Pray to the saints, learn from the Saints, they live a extraordinary life, personally i pray to love Jesus as much they do, I hope your understand My point, I’m not saying is bad of course not, just we can get to the point that believe more an a Saint, that God Or Jesus, that is why many ignorant Catholics were attack and leave the church, Saints are the perfect example for us to follow Christ, and Of course I Believe they hear our prayers, Many people when read a life of a Saint Became really close, and they have them in their prayers, My Brother for example is a really devote o Padre Pio, Always be careful how do your prayer. I do Believe they hear our prayers and Our Lord Make the Final Decision :thumbsup:

The angels and saints can hear/see the repentance of a sinner who is turning to God. Jesus tells us that there is more rejoicing in Heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 who never needed to repent. So I fail to see how they could not hear the prayers of Christians if they can hear the repentance/prayers of non-Christians who turn to God.

Now your prayer to the saint will be more effective the closer you are to Christ, and the closer you are to His Church. Stop messin round and come into His Church. :slight_smile:

haha. thanks. Maybe ill will someday. Like I said it’s a long story. Im prayin.

In Soufanieh (Syria) and Zeitoun/Zeitun (Egypt), Holy Mary has been appearing and various people, including Muslims, experienced miraculous healings from physical illnesses. Apparently Mary, who is the Queen of Angels and Saints, listens to the prayers of non-Christians. I think it’s logical to conclude that the Angels and the other Saints follow Mary’s example, and they also listen to the prayers of all sorts of people, including non-Catholics and non-Christians.

All the best to you Aslan10, hope to see you one day in the Catholic Church. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks. And I totally understand that. i don’t usually pray to a saint unless I know their story and am in a similar position as they had in their earthly life.

I am pretty sure they hear everyone, in the Bible didn’t an angel appear to the Roman Centurion Cornelius who at that point wasn’t part of the new Christian community and told him his prayers were heard and to send for Peter and I think Peter ended up baptizing Cornelius and his whole family? So that tells me prayers are hear by all petitioners.

That is Wonderful, I personally Believe that the best way to get To Our Lord Jesus Christ is holding Our Mother Hand, Keep praying that Mama Mary show them The Truth.

[quote=Aslan10] Today is all saints and in honor of it I have a question about the saints. I am a current Anglican (more catholic at heart, its a long story) and I pray to the saints. My question for Catholics is, do you think that they hear me when I pray to them? Or do they only intercede for Catholics? I’m ignorant of this position in the CC. God Bless.
[/quote]

I am confident they hear you and intercede for you to Jesus.

Posted from Catholic.com App for Android

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.