All things being Equal

All things being Equal

I just wanted to let people know that although I do dish it out pretty harsh on this board I do defend Catholic Teachings regularly on Lutheran Boards. My last long debate was over how the Church was intended to be Apostolic in Succession.

Anyways I thought some would find this argument funny in regards to the Rainbow Sash individuals being denied the Eucharist in my town of Saint Paul

I wrote:

The Catholic Church is pretty much unique when it comes to Communion. They believe that if one has an unconfessed mortal sin on their soul it is extremely harmful for that person to take Communion.

Unlike Protestant Churches the issue of homosexual behavior is not up for debate in the Catholic Church. It has been infallibly defined and does not fall into the category of a discipline (such as with marriage and the priesthood.) Because of this it can never ever be changed. If this was changed it would cause the Catholic Church to be torn to shreds. They already have several schismatic groups because of Vatican II.

That being said, because homosexual behavior is a grave sin it is further sinful for one to encourage such behavior. The acting priest in this instance was not trying to be judgmental or political… he was simply trying to protect his flock. He was not mean about it to his parishioners and he offered them the option of coming up for a blessing which is admirable.

It is like the saying, “This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you.” with the small change so as to be… “This is going to hurt me because I don’t wish for you to harm yourselves.”

To this I got a reply.

Where do you buy rainbow sashes? I’ll wear one at my church. I think it’s funny to put priests in that position. I think it shows the idiocy of treating homosexuality as a sin.

To which I replied:

Perhaps it would be better if you went dressed in sackcloth and ashes?

So I try to be fair….

Nice answer. It would have made me think twice about my idea of what’s “funny”.

[quote=Shibboleth]… I do defend Catholic Teachings regularly on Lutheran Boards. My last long debate was over how the Church was intended to be Apostolic in Succession.
[/quote]

Well, very good for you, really, but, umm, not to put too fine a point on it – if you believe this, why aren’t you Catholic? There are very few denominations that are truly Apostolic (and those that are generally consider themselves “catholic”) - but the Lutherans are not among them.

If you believe that Apostolic Succession is part of God’s plan for His Church, why aren’t you part of a Church Body that is Apostolic in succession?

[quote=Mirror Worshipper #41,092,093]Where do you buy rainbow sashes? I’ll wear one at my church. I think it’s funny to put priests in that position. I think it shows the idiocy of treating homosexuality as a sin.
[/quote]

and that comment shows the idiocy of treating Mirror worship as acceptable.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.