All this Pope bashing is making me sick

…literally. Some things are so harsh it makes me want to cry. I don’t understand how people can have so much HATE for such Holy men who have love just pouring out of them you can almost see it. These people on www.frienster.com in the religion forum friendster.com/discussion/index.php?t=msg&th=9945&prevloaded=1&&start=0

are absolutely saying the worst things. The forum is called Rants on the New Pope in the first place I was going on there to give my two cents but the discussion has really broadened out and I am not very good at arguing…

someone says “You look to sources that only say good things about him and not the things he does which are unaccaptably conservative in nature.”

This guy later quotes the Bible and before he made this quote he went on saying how much he hated Papa Benny. This is what he says…mind you…it’s pretty harsh:
"More hate than you can possibly imagine. I freaking hate this guy. He basically excommunicates liberals.

I hate his *** so much I can’t even describe it. Religious bigotry and fundamentalism, here we come."

Can I cry and pray for this man now?:crying:

The hate they display is a symptom of something far deeper. If it wasn’t the Pope it would be someone else that they would find to hate.

[quote=MidnightSun02]…literally. Some things are so harsh it makes me want to cry. I don’t understand how people can have so much HATE for such Holy men who have love just pouring out of them you can almost see it. These people on www.frienster.com in the religion forum friendster.com/discussion/index.php?t=msg&th=9945&prevloaded=1&&start=0

are absolutely saying the worst things. The forum is called Rants on the New Pope in the first place I was going on there to give my two cents but the discussion has really broadened out and I am not very good at arguing…

someone says “You look to sources that only say good things about him and not the things he does which are unaccaptably conservative in nature.”

This guy later quotes the Bible and before he made this quote he went on saying how much he hated Papa Benny. This is what he says…mind you…it’s pretty harsh:
"More hate than you can possibly imagine. I freaking hate this guy. He basically excommunicates liberals.

I hate his *** so much I can’t even describe it. Religious bigotry and fundamentalism, here we come."

Can I cry and pray for this man now?:crying:
[/quote]

He may hate Bennie fot the same reason that Curran does: Because the pope has rejected his premises and refuses to let his crowd set the terms of debate. The pope,. for instance, doesn’t accept the notion of the sovereignty of the conscience,
Conscience is not something invented, but the truth, and if you have convinced yourself that you don’t have the duty of confoming with the mind of the Church and/or what the Church says is false, then you have the obligation of leaving the Church. or simply shutting up. If you are going to appeal to God, then you will have to wait until you see HIM. There is no court on earth higher than the papacy.

THEY DONT HAVE THE LOVE AND PEACE OF JESUS— u cna see their anger come forth----think aout it–how can u be that angry and hateful when you know you can get up early each day and recieve Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament—they DONT HAVE JESUE–THEY MAY CLAIM TO KNOW him BUT BY THEIR ACTIONS THEY HATE HIM—AND REJECT HIM----AND JESUS SAYS THAT WHOEVER REJECTS ME MY FATHER WILL REJECT HIM----THE ROAD IS DEFINITLEY NARROW---------

Hi:

You should be considering who is orchestrating the hate, and why. Isn’t it mainly the media that has generated this hatred? Have you ever considered that it may be the deliberate policy of the media to make us all feel bad about everything?

I would suggest that you ignore the media and stop wasting your time at hate sites. You should start employing your time more usefully by reading up on psychological warfare since you have clearly become one of its innumerable victims.

The Pope-bashing is at its worst in the Liberal newspapers and media - at least here in Britain.

They are determined to try to ensure that he has no “honeymoon” period with the public.

Some people are trying to blame him for AIDS - even though it is spread by promiscuity, and condoms actually make the spread worse by encouraging promiscuous sex. some try to connect him with the abuse scandal. Others try to make something of his being conscripted into the German Army. It is pure smears and hatred which we need to fight.

Why the hatred? well, i think some people were fooling themselves that they’d get a pope who suddenly said “The church has been wrong all these centuries. Jesus was wrong, scripture is wrong. Let’s legalise contraception, abortion, euthanasia, finish off the handicapped. bring on the gay weddings and women priests.”

Now their dream of sinning with Church approval is gone. And their hope of getting the Catholic Church into the same mess as the anglicans and Liberal protestants looks slim. They are mad as hell. (Literally)

I’m sorry but I wanted to go in and defend my faith, is there something wrong with that? The argument had broadened so much out that I couldn’t figure out where to start. It’s not that i was LOOKING for a hate site…I was on friendster and I went into the religion forum because I wanted to meet fellow Christians and came upon a Pope bashing thread.

[quote=Axion]The Pope-bashing is at its worst in the Liberal newspapers and media - at least here in Britain.

They are determined to try to ensure that he has no “honeymoon” period with the public.

Some people are trying to blame him for AIDS - even though it is spread by promiscuity, and condoms actually make the spread worse by encouraging promiscuous sex. some try to connect him with the abuse scandal. Others try to make something of his being conscripted into the German Army. It is pure smears and hatred which we need to fight.

Why the hatred? well, i think some people were fooling themselves that they’d get a pope who suddenly said “The church has been wrong all these centuries. Jesus was wrong, scripture is wrong. Let’s legalise contraception, abortion, euthanasia, finish off the handicapped. bring on the gay weddings and women priests.”

Now their dream of sinning with Church approval is gone. And their hope of getting the Catholic Church into the same mess as the anglicans and Liberal protestants looks slim. They are mad as hell. (Literally)
[/quote]

Ha, yes and I find that very amusing…we left all these left wingers sputtering! :wink:

[quote=Axion]The Pope-bashing is at its worst in the Liberal newspapers and media - at least here in Britain.
(Literally)
[/quote]

I thought you were all busy with elections. I guess this must be real important to take out the time to also bash the Pope during this busy political season.

[quote=romano]Hi:

You should be considering who is orchestrating the hate, and why. Isn’t it mainly the media that has generated this hatred? Have you ever considered that it may be the deliberate policy of the media to make us all feel bad about everything?

I would suggest that you ignore the media and stop wasting your time at hate sites. You should start employing your time more usefully by reading up on psychological warfare since you have clearly become one of its innumerable victims.
[/quote]

No. We must always defend Jesus Christ and His Church when they are attacked. To do less is to let evil triumph. Some sites may be too small and insignificant to be worth much trouble, but if we let the lies go unchallenged, many innocent people will believe them and fall from the Christian path.

[quote=Fitz]I thought you were all busy with elections. I guess this must be real important to take out the time to also bash the Pope during this busy political season.
[/quote]

They still have time for a page or two of Pope bashing. The election is hardly setting the country on fire anyway. We have two parties who everybody hates, and a third party that is too small to be worth voting for!

The trouble is that sometimes on boards such as that, one cannot make a dent in the false opinions of others. I spent about a year on an international women’s board, trying in vain to convince the people there that America was not the devil incarnate. All I got was grief. With a mindset like that, one can’t do a thing, no matter how true your arguments may be.

Don’t waste energy on people like that. Spend it on people who have a wee bit of respect and curiousity about the Pope and the CC. It is the questions of people like that, that will bear fruit.

Aunt Martha

Thanks! I just needed to blow some steam…phew. I know I’ll see this wherever I go and I know I won’t make much of a dent either, no matter what I say (and sometimes I have a terrible time arguing) with others who just like to yell. I guess the most powerful thing I can do is pray for these people. :yup:

God Bless You All.

Hey Midnightsun

I feel your pain! But what did you expect? B-16 is fighting for God. Of course the forces of satan are going to attack him! Ultimately their hate is directed towards God because he is a Father who actually expects something from His children. I’ve been avoiding the media since the death of JP2…I prefer to keep my blood pressure down. :wink: Remember Our Lord said not to cast pearls before swine. Don’t waste your time on those sites…they’re not worth wasting neurons on.:slight_smile:

Yep, that’s why I have been watching EWTN more often. As for Fox News, I really like how they covered all that had happened in the Church. For the most part I felt as if they were a Catholic news station! :slight_smile: I think a few of them are Catholic anyways. I wouldn’t watch any other news station on the coverage of Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI besides EWTN or Fox. I don’t watch the other news stations anyways…they hardly exist to me.

I know what you mean, too. I frequent a knitting forum and even there we’re not safe from attack.

I try to keep in mind when I respond to them that even if they aren’t interested in knowing the truth, there might be a lurker who is. It does get tiresome, though. :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.