Allah causes death?

[font=Trebuchet MS]firstly, the verses 7:157-158. correctly translated, the verses read: “**those who follow the messenger, the illiterate prophet who they find written with them the tawrah and the injeel, commands them with good and prohibits them from evil, makes the good things lawful for them and makes forbidden for them the evil things. he unburdens them of their covanent and the shackles that were upon them. so those who believe in him, venerate him, support him ad follow the light that he was sent with, those are the successful ones. say: o people, surely, i am Allah’s messenger to you all, the One who the heavens and the earth belong to. there is no deity [worthy of worship] except Him. He gives life and causes death. **so believe in Allah and His messenger, the illiterate prophet who believes in Allah and His words. and follow him in hopes that you be guided.”

Here is a translation I got from “Muhammad, the illiterate prophet” thread. I’d like to begin another thread based on the above translation by beginning the question with “Is it God who causes death?”

Catholic theology explains that God is not the source or cause of death, nor is he happy with a death of a person.

The catechism further explains in # 605:

…Jesus recalled that God’s love excludes no one: “So it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.” He affirms that he came “to give his life as a ransom for many”; this last term is not restrictive, but contrasts the whole of humanity with the unique person of the redeemer who hands himself over to save us.

[/font]Pio

God is the All Powerful who gives life, is the One that takes it and is the One that resurrects us once again. Are you saying that death is outside of Gods realm of power?

wa salam

Catholic theology explains that God is not the source or cause of death, nor is he happy with a death of a person.

[/font]

Peace Pio

This is something I will never understand about Christianity.

God is the source. He gives you life, and at the end of your term, takes it away. There is nothing else but Him…there is no “mother nature” or some other man-made creature that is responsible for the death of human beings.

God is not happy about the death of a person? I dont even know where to begin. In all honesty, i’m speechless…what do you mean? DO you mean that if it was up to God than we wouldnt die?? Brother in humanity, EVERYTHING IS UP TO GOD. He decides EVERYTHING. Please explain what you mean.

God is the source of everything. If he doesnt like it, why wouldnt he stop it?

Yes, in Islam God is the source of death, a natural part of life.

[quote=Faith101]This is something I will never understand about Christianity.
[/quote]

assalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah…

perhaps they view death as something evil or perhaps they’re afraid of it and what lies beyond.

[quote=r.gonzales]assalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah…

perhaps they view death as something evil or perhaps they’re afraid of it and what lies beyond.

[/quote]

doubt it, i think they say that death happens because man sinned. someone explain?

and hey, theres three muslims on at once :smiley:

Brother muslims,

Peace to you all. I couldn’t respond to each one of you all at one time. What I’m trying to say is this: God is not the author of death, Satan is.

Surely, it is God who is the master of history. He allowed death to reign for sometime, but in the end He will put an end to it.

In all God’s goodness, He cannot create something evil for He is all good and no evil is found in Him.

Death will no longer has power over us if we are united with Christ. Such that as Christ died and rose again, we too, united with Him, will die and rise again.

Pio

[quote=r.gonzales]assalaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah…

[/quote]

wa alaikum asalaam wa rahmatullah

Alhamdulilah for Islam!

Are they questioning Gods power?

wa salam

[font=Trebuchet MS]perhaps they view death as something evil or perhaps they’re afraid of it and what lies beyond.

r.gonzales,

**If you are faced with death I don’t think you’re going to be happy. Yes death is evil, and God is not the author of it. **

However, we are not afraid of it because Christ Jesus triumph over it. If Christ didn’t rise from the dead, then we all have the reason to be afraid. Out faith is in vain.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Amen!

Pio[/font]

[quote=fatuma]Are they questioning Gods power?

wa salam
[/quote]

No Fatuma, we do not question God’s power.

Who do you believe is the author of death?

Death is not evil; it is natural part of life. Muslim sees this world as temporary as fake, it is just a test for us all, and it is the hereafter that is the real life where everything matters. Death is just that; an end, it is nothing special or important all it does is take us from this fake life and into the real life where we will be with God; why would you fear it?

wa salam

[quote=Faith101]Who do you believe is the author of death?
[/quote]

satan, he posted it below.

You see, satan has no power other than to mislead. Satan cant even MAKE you do anything, he can only suggest it to you

Satan cant create anything either, its all created by God. Therefore he could not have created death, God did.

[quote=Eetaq]satan, he posted it below.

You see, satan has no power other than to mislead. Satan cant even MAKE you do anything, he can only suggest it to you

Satan cant create anything either, its all created by God. Therefore he could not have created death, God did.
[/quote]

Why do they give Satan so much power? He has no power but to persuade.

wa salam

God is not the author of death, Satan is

Dear brother in humanity

Do you really believe that God would give satan the power to cause death while God sits on the sidelines unhappy?

Satan makes us forget, he persuades us, he tempts us…but he has NO POWER to MAKE us do anything.

As the Quran states:

And Satan will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I** had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. ** I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the wrong doers(Chapter #14, Verse #22)

[quote=fatuma]Why do they give Satan so much power? He has no power but to persuade.

wa salam
[/quote]

Its not about giving power to satan. Its taking power away from God.

[quote=Faith101]Its not about giving power to satan. Its taking power away from God.
[/quote]

Ohhh… good one

wa salam

Hey, if you don’t believe God is the caue of death then how did He die on the cross? Did Satan kill him?

wa salam

gomez.

Allah tells us in the Quran, “and do not call upon another deity with Allah, there is no deity [worthy of worship] except Him. everything is mortal except His face, the judgement is His and to Him is your return.” (28:88)

He also tells us, “every soul is a taster of death and certainly you will be paid your rewards in full on the day of standing. so whoever is torn off the fire and is entered into paradise, then he has succeeded. and the worldly life is not except the self delusion’s pleasure.” (3:185).

islamic belief is that Allah is the only One who can grant life and the only One who can take it away. islamic belief is also that every created thing must die or come to an end and Allah is the only Eternal being.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.