Allah intercession

‘Surely! Allah wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a smallest ant) but if there is any good (done) He doubles it.’ (4.40) The Prophet added, "Then the prophets and Angels and the believers will intercede, and (last of all) the Almighty **(Allah) will say, 'Now remains My Intercession. **He will then hold a handful of the Fire from which He will take out some people whose bodies have been burnt, and they will be thrown into a river at the entrance of Paradise, called the water of life.

usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/093.sbt.html#009.093.532s

if Allah is interceding on behalf of sinners then whom does he intercede to cuz intercession presupposes more than one party?

There’s a discussion about this subject on FFI between Ali Sina and Javed Ahmad Ghamidi:

The Prophet added, "Then the prophets and Angels and the believers will intercede, and (last of all) the Almighty (Allah) will say, ‘Now remains My Intercession.’ He will then hold a handful of the Fire from which He will take out some people whose bodies have been burnt, and they will be thrown into a river at the entrance of Paradise, called the water of life … (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 532s)

This hadith makes one to think that Allah is interceding himself. Is that possible? Isn’t that an absurdity? Unless Allah has some sort of mental disorder such as schizophrenia, making him talk to himself, pleading with himself to do what he wants to do, the above hadith makes no sense at all. Now, let us see who else beside Allah is given the power of intercession. ( Ali Sina)

faithfreedom.org/debates/Ghamidi60916p2.htm

wow it must be interesting…i’ll have dinner and check the debate…thx :slight_smile:

i read it…he asked my question as well and gave the same passage i gave…but the debate is not my question specifically.

the questions about “WE” and third person however are very interesting :smiley:

Bukhari and Muslim:

Jabir narrated that the Prophet said: "I have been given five things which no prophet was given before me: I was made victor over my enemies through fear struck in their heart; I was permitted to take the booty of war; The whole earth was made a place of prostration for me and its soil ritually pure, so when the time to pray comes upon anyone of my Community, let him pray there and then; I was given shafa`a (intercession/mediation with Allah); Every prophet was sent to his people in particular and I was sent to all peoples. Bukhari and Muslim ]

Anas and Abu Hurayra respectively narrate that the Prophet said: “Every prophet has a request that is fulfilled, and I want to reserve my request of intercession for my Community for the Day of Judgment.”

am sorry but am not sure i got your point.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.