Allah or Jesus

The following is a true story writtten by Rick Mathes (a well know leader of prison ministry) …

Last month I attended my annual training session that’s required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their belief systems

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: “Please, correct me if I’m wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world. And, that by killing an infidel, which is a command to all Muslims, they are assured of a place in heaven. If that’s the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?”

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, “Non-believers!”

I responded, “So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can go to Heaven. Is that correct?”

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He sheepishly replied, “Yes.”

I then stated, “Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr.Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order to go to Heaven!”

The Imam was speechless.

I continued, “I also have problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah who tells you to kill me in order to go to Heaven or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to Heaven and He wants you to be with me?” You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the ‘Diversification’ training seminar were not happy with Rick’s way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslim’s beliefs.

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well known leader in prison ministry.

… Note: The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially in the minority races!!!

The story is easy to believe it.

But have you answer for this. Why is Islam the fastest growing religion in prison.

Is Cristanity too abstract? Is Islam very down to earth?

[quote=Sir Knight]The following is a true story writtten by Rick Mathes (a well know leader of prison ministry) … … Note: The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially in the minority races!!!
[/quote]

I have heard this story before. It is pretty good.

[quote=Exporter]The story is easy to believe it.

But have you answer for this. Why is Islam the fastest growing religion in prison.

Is Cristanity too abstract? Is Islam very down to earth?
[/quote]

That’s an easy one. It’s easier to accept hate and intolerance as a codified belief system than it is to accept a belief system that tells us “love your enemies, bless those that curse you and do good to those who persecute you and despitefully use you”. Jesus Christ’s message is as radical today as it was 2000 years ago.

Actually, there are some reports out that indicate Evangelical Christianity, particularly Pentacostalism, is the fastest growing faith group in the world.

Although the story is fascinating – it isn’t true. You can read all about this at the Snopes web site.

Deacon Ed

[quote=Deacon Ed]Although the story is fascinating – it isn’t true. You can read all about this at the Snopes web site.

Deacon Ed
[/quote]

This is correct. And my I add that Muslims view Jews and Christian (and in India, Hindus) as People of the Book or Dhimmis. The Dhimmis are allowed to co-exists with muslims as long as they pay a Jizya or poll tax.

The are according to Islam two houses: the house peace or Daras salam and the house of the sword or Daras harb or house of the sword. In the house of peace of the people of the book, in the house of the sword are all other non-muslims.

Peace

[quote=dennisknapp]This is correct. And my I add that Muslims view Jews and Christian (and in India, Hindus) as People of the Book or Dhimmis. The Dhimmis are allowed to co-exists with muslims as long as they pay a Jizya or poll tax.

The are according to Islam two houses: the house peace or Daras salam and the house of the sword or Daras harb or house of the sword. In the house of peace of the people of the book, in the house of the sword are all other non-muslims.

Peace
[/quote]

Peace be with you Dennisknapp,

I have discussed my faith with many Muslims and I can tell you that once you bring up any profession of the “Trinity” they regain your claims as blasphemy and you are considered “Kufar” (aka: non-believer). Only the most liberal or lapsed of Muslim would suggest what you are stating from my 3 years of dialog with Sunni Muslims.

Peace.

[quote=Deacon Ed]Although the story is fascinating – it isn’t true. You can read all about this at the Snopes web site.
[/quote]

If you follow a link from snopes to Rick Mathes’ home page, you can find the following statement:

This article is an exact reporting of a real event that I participated in. My only commentary was, “the truth will prevail.” You may use it in any way that blesses our Lord. If you would like future articles, please register at this web site. It is “undetermined” by snopes and the authorities have disclaimed it. Email me for further substantiation.

Of course, snopes now lists it as “False.” I have a lot of respect for snopes - on occasion I do my own independent research, and so far I’ve found snopes to be accurate. Does that mean they couldn’t have gotten some bad gouge this time? I dunno. And no, I’ve not e-mailed Mr. Mathes for further substantiation - maybe I will, though. I’ll let you know if I get anything interesting.

Hey-Right from the Vatican II documents-we are never to question the Moslems- they honor Mary! and even worship One God!!!

Hey that makes them great!

1. The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

Since in the course of centuries not a few quarrels and hostilities have arisen between Christians and Moslems, this sacred synod urges all to forget the past and to work sincerely for mutual understanding and to preserve as well as to promote together for the benefit of all mankind social justice and moral welfare, as well as peace and freedom.

[quote=Sir Knight]The following is a true story writtten by Rick Mathes (a well know leader of prison ministry) … … Note: The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially in the minority races!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can hear W.C. Fields laughing somewhere.

breakthechain.org/exclusives/rickmathes.html
urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_allah_or_jesus.htm

charityadvantage.com/missiongateministry/HomePage.asp

Hello everyone, this is my first post and what a topic to discuss!

One of the reasons Rick Mathes’ story cannot be accurate is that it is not killing of an infidel that “guarantees” Muslim an entrance to heaven.

There is only one way they can be assured of it: TO GIVE THEIR OWN LIFE IN THE CAUSE OF ALLAH. They have to die fighting for Islam to be considered as going to paradise. That’s why they blow themselves up killing people who would not aknowledge Allah as God.

Koran indeed talks of People of the Book (Jews and Christians) as those who received valid scriptures, but claims that the these scriptures were changed by us. Therefore we do not belong to House of Islam, we belong to House of War, and are considered to be “infidels”.

May God bless you all,

Malgosia

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.