Almost there!

It’s the 1st of April and like many others all over the world, I will be received into the Catholic Church this very month, at the Easter Vigil.

When I began RCIA last October, it seemed a long way away - but now it’s very close! For me, it’s been a long journey with many twists and turns as I shall be nearly 56 years old at Easter, having grown up in the CofE. However, the main thing is that I’m almost there.

To all those on the RCIA journey on this forum, I’d like to say good luck and would be grateful for the prayers of all forum members. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

How wonderful!
You, and all RCIA candidates are in my prayers.
Warm wishes,
Trishie

God bless you , and may you make the most of being a Catholic because life is really quite short . :slight_smile:

Thank you both, very much - yes, life is short, and when you have far less of it ahead than you’ve already had, it brings things into sharp perspective, that’s for sure. :slight_smile:

:thumbsup:

Kudos, and praying for you! Welcome home. :slight_smile:

Welcome home Isca. God bless you on your RCIA journey. I’ll be praying for you & all those who will be received into full Communion with the Church at the Easter Vigil. God bless all of you.

Welcome! Welcome HOME! When I was on my journey into the one holy catholic and apostolic Church last year I literally counted the days from the beginning and it seemed a lifetime away. Then BAM! It was Holy Saturday and the Easter Vigil. Now I’m counting the days (18 as of today LOL) until the Easter Vigil when my beloved husband will be received into the Church. I was 63 and my husband is 60 so we got kind of a late start too LOL. He said the sweetest thing a couple of weeks ago, he said he realized he’d been Catholic all his life but it took 60 years to figure it out.

God bless you and all the others who are journeying into the Catholic Church, it’s the very best thing you could ever do.

When I read all your posts, I really feel part of a massive family. Thank you all. RCIA class tonight, onwards and upwards! :slight_smile:

I too offer my congratulations and hearty welcome home! :wave: God bless you and may your gifts add to Christ’s glory and the glory of his Church. :smiley:

Welcome Home! The Easter Vigil will be the most AWESOME night of your life!! :clapping:

I cannot agree more. And I can’t wait for April 19 when my precious husband professes his faith and is confirmed. Oh, and I’m his sponsor which makes it even more special.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.