ALS

Hello-

Please pray for the Dahl Family. He is a Husband and father of 3 children. He was diagnosed last year and now he is no longer able to work to support his family. Our Church is having multiple fundraisers. Please pray for him and his family. Also, pray we raise enough money to keep the Children (all 3) in Catholic School and for his rising medical bills.

Jill

Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen.

On a more practical note - this is what I do for a living - if he has had 90 days of active duty service in the military regardless of wartime duty or not he can have that service connected and be paid monthly compensation assuming the discharge was other than dishonorable. Please PM me if more information is needed.

[quote="joanofarc2008, post:3, topic:296484"]
On a more practical note - this is what I do for a living - if he has had 90 days of active duty service in the military regardless of wartime duty or not he can have that service connected and be paid monthly compensation assuming the discharge was other than dishonorable. Please PM me if more information is needed.

[/quote]

He is not in the military.

[quote="JillianRose, post:4, topic:296484"]
He is not in the military.

[/quote]

It is at any time in his life not just currently.

[quote="joanofarc2008, post:5, topic:296484"]
It is at any time in his life not just currently.

[/quote]

I don't think he was ever in the military.

[quote="JillianRose, post:1, topic:296484"]
Hello-

Please pray for the Dahl Family. He is a Husband and father of 3 children. He was diagnosed last year and now he is no longer able to work to support his family. Our Church is having multiple fundraisers. Please pray for him and his family. Also, pray we raise enough money to keep the Children (all 3) in Catholic School and for his rising medical bills.

Jill

[/quote]

Father Almighty, I lift up to You this father who is battling ALS. Please touch him with Your mighty healing power so that he may be restored to the best possible health. Bless his family, loved ones, and friends with strength so that they may be a constant source of support for him. I likewise lift up to You his church. May their fundraising activities be successful so that they may respond to his financial needs. Reawrd them all a hundredfold, Lord God, for the kindness they have shown the Dahl family. AMEN

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

[quote="tbcrawford, post:8, topic:296484"]
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

[/quote]

Amen.

Remembering the Dahl family in my daily prayers. God bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.