Altar-ation

I’m sure I’m not the first person to post this here but I wanted to share this video.

youtu.be/oUNfbgRJOe8

I would describe it as the pouring of precious perfume on the feet of Christ like Mary did.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Thats a good video. I first saw it a couple of years ago and saved it to “My Favorites” on the computer.

I view it evry now and then to remind myself what can be done to help those of us who enjoy the EF Mass but don’t have a church dedicated to its use.

I like this video more:

youtube.com/watch?v=6C3Wcfp2EJQ

:slight_smile: The marble is very epic and grandiose. I believe the tabernacle looks better than the other video. :smiley:

Awesome!

I am underwhelmed by any demonstration of fastidiousness of this sort. it seems that every little thing has to be done three times, always by someone of apparently higher rank.
It just adds “no value” to me to watch grown men fuss over such things. Let’s see, a half0inch this way is better, NO, a half-inch that way, there!, perfect. (Really?)

And, the altar in the second video is a fake. It’s a table with a false front, to make it look like it is solid marble. I wish I hadn’t seen this trick.

I am underwhelmed by any demonstration of fastidiousness of this sort. it seems that every little thing has to be done three times, always by someone of apparently higher rank.
It just adds “no value” to me to watch grown men fuss over such things. Let’s see, a half0inch this way is better, NO, a half-inch that way, there!, perfect. (Really?)

Matthew 25:21
His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant, because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Hahaha, it’s very funny! :smiley: I hope that we should more witness of that in our churches. :slight_smile:

Crumpy, altars before Vatican II were basically “tables”. Fake altar-frontals were often just embroidered cloth with a design, made to fall in front of the altar to give it a solid appearance. The basic design of the altar is a table, with reredos behind and paneling or drapery to cover the bare spots. Pure marble or solid box-like altars were not ‘everything’.

We must fess over the altar of the Lord. If it has been made ugly, it should be remade glorious. He created Spiral Galaxies - who says He doesn’t like symmetry?

Why was the Altar ever changed from a beautiful High Altar to a plain one? Some changes just make no sense to me. Another thing I noticed since coming back to the Church is that choirs are now up at the Altar area? Something just doesn’t seem right seeing a drum kit right next to the Altar. What is the point of this? I went to a Mass Wednesday where the Priests microphone box? fell out of his vestment 3 times on the floor and made all kinds of noise. Once when he bent over to kiss the Altar. He then just placed it on the Altar while finishing the Consecration. Probably most people would say don’t worry about all this, but it is a huge distraction to me.

This is what happens when liturgists demand a focus on ‘community’ and ‘the people’. There must be microphones so we can all hear and ‘participate’ more fully, apparently. :rolleyes:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.