Alter of repose

Here's a question what are your parish using as a alter of repose for maundy Thursday

I may be mistaken, but I think we are using the altAr in our adoration chapel. ;):D

We are going across the driveway to the parish center. The procession there is really nice.

We'll probably use the altar in our chapel as we've done since we set up the chapel a few years ago. Before that we just set up a table along one side of the church.

Our parish uses a little elevated floor area for the place of reposition. It's at the front of the church and off to the left where we usually put a statue relative to the season. The repository will be placed there with two candle arrangements and probably a picture representing the Passion of Christ.

Our Church has two side altars. The south side altar has a tabernacle built into the pedestal for the statue of Jesus. That has traditionally been used as the altar of repose in our Church.

We are using are maters chapped and with 6 big candle been lite behind are big icon what is veiled. When it come to holy Thursday all the server will knell at the railing of the alter of repose.

In nomine Patris, + et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.
Introibo ad altare Dei. R: Ad deum qui laetificat juventutem meam.

We have a procession out the back of the church, around the parking lot and into the church office and through into what's called the Redemptrist room (I think). When I first started going to this parish, this was the first time I'd been back there and I didn't realize that this was just a normal room otherwise.

The altar in the Adoration chapel.

In Christ,
Ellen

Altar in the Crypt

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.