Alternatives to Girls Inc?

It was requested that this be a new topic. When we contact AG we should have an alternative way to help girls in mind—are there any?? List groups and ideas here…

Jennifer

Challange :stuck_out_tongue:

challengeclubs.net/

Somehow I don’t think they would go for it though.

[quote=Jennifer J]It was requested that this be a new topic. When we contact AG we should have an alternative way to help girls in mind—are there any?? List groups and ideas here…

Jennifer
[/quote]

Why don’t they create the American Girl Scholarship program???

Generations For Life - An Outreach For Teens

prolifeaction.org/generations/index.htm

http://www.prolifeaction.org/generations/annie3.jpg
GFL Director Annie Casselman at the youthful 2003 March for Life

Generations for Life
6160 N. Cicero Ave. Suite 605
Chicago, IL 60646 Tel: 773-304-LIFE(5433)
Fax: 773-777-3061
E-mail: generations@prolifeaction.org

Thanks for the positive response to my question. I was really hoping hear of a national, general-purpose (non-activist) girls advocate group.

I’m suprised how little we have come up with so far. No slam on any of the groups mentioned; they seem great for their missions. But I fear they would have difficulty getting a national corporate sponsor because either:

• they are pro-life activists with an “agenda” (a good one, but an agenda none the less).
  • they aren’t really national
  • their scope is really limited to sex-ed
  • they are closely related to the Catholic church (although CSS doesn’t seem to have a problem with that).

Challenge clubs looks like it could fit the bill as an alternative but I wonder if they are really national and if they have many contacts “in the neighborhood” or if they are more church-based like Boy Scouts.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.