Am I being a faithful practicing Catholic?

I am 80 years old, have moved to A senior living apartment so that I may be closer to my family (This at their request) I have some health problems that have made walking, kneeling and “being active” practically impossible. I have wheelchairs and walkers that make life easier and I am happy and well-adjusted. What worries me is that since I am rather “housebound” I have alot of trouble getting to a church since I live alone, am the only Catholic in my family and “getting there” is so difficult and exhausting I am totally unknown to the local Catholic Churches.
However, my family has furnished me a computer, I have found a website from St. Ann’s Basilica in Scranton Pa whereby I attend or assist at Daily Mass everyday via computer. On Sundays I get the Sunday Mass on my TV and I always make an act of spiritual communion. Also since I am an asthmatic I attend a pulmonary rehab twice a week at our local hospital - I am picked up and brought back home by special van. These days, since the Hospital is a Catholic Institution I always attend the noon Mass in the Chapel and receive Holy Communion. is this sufficient? I woulds apprcviate any comments or adivce you might give me. Thank you

Dear Momm,

All God expects is that you do what you can. I would suggest, however, that you check with your local parish to see if it provides rides to Mass on Sundays for people in your sitituation. You may be able to attend Mass on Sundays as well. If this is not possible, your present arrangement is the best you can do and God does not require more of you.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.