Am I being scrupolous?

I went to confession today and I felt good. This evening I was relaxing watching a movie called Prometheus. At some point in the movie, a woman was impregnated by an alien and had an emergency cicerian done. The scene was grotesque and looked like an abortion. I snap chatted two of my friends the scene to get a reaction out of them. I knew that I probably should not have done that but I did, but immediately felt bad afterwards because I felt that what i did was in some way putting them in a near occasion of sin by viewing what I sent them. I feel bad for this. Am I being scrupulous? Did I fall out of a state of grace by sending the snapchat? Can I receive communion in mass tomorrow?

I am just tired from all this worrying I guess…

I went to confession today and I felt good. This evening I was relaxing watching a movie called Prometheus. At some point in the movie, a woman was impregnated by an alien and had an emergency cicerian done. The scene was grotesque and looked like an abortion. I snap chatted two of my friends the scene to get a reaction out of them. I knew that I probably should not have done that but I did, but immediately felt bad afterwards because I felt that what i did was in some way putting them in a near occasion of sin by viewing what I sent them. I feel bad for this. Am I being scrupulous? Did I fall out of a state of grace by sending the snapchat? Can I receive communion in mass tomorrow?

I am just tired from all this worrying I guess…

Yes, you are being scrupulous. I’ve seen the movie too…it’s a fictional movie about aliens and not an abortion. You are still in a state of grace because you did not commit a mortal sin.

Have you discussed your scrupulosity with your confessor? If not, you may want to set up an appointment with him before it gets out of hand.

God Bless

I’d say yes, this is a case of scruples. Stretch out and breathe; stop beating yourself up.

ICXC NIKA

I get your feelings when I see scenes involving sex and/or nudity, I do not think so, there is an “ask an apologist” question called can I watch imperfect movies? Prometheus falls directly into that category, if not it would be a sin watching it from the very first scene where it is implied that the engineer created humans when he drank that weird drink on the waterfall.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.