am I being scrupulous

I as a male obviously find girls attractive but what if a sexual thought comes in your mind and you try to shake it out is that lust . what if you dwell for a brief second and then try to shake it out .

Temptation is not sin. In order for there to be a mortal sin there need to be the following conditions:

1. Serious Matter
  2. Full Knowledge
  3. Deliberate Consent

Our culture is a difficult environment in which to practice chastity. Throw yourself on the Mercy of Our Savior and ask His mother, our Blessed Mother, to support you in a commitment to purity.

I am praying for you

I have heard the accusation Catholicism causes people to be scrupulous. I don’t see this connection, but how would a learned Catholic respond to someone with this belief?

If you are resisting, it’s a good thing. Temptation is just that, a temptation, nothing more. Your finding a lady attractive is not wrong. Your mind thinking something beyond your control is not wrong. You indulging those thoughts is where you start getting on shaky ground.

Scrupulosity causes people to be scrupulous. I was more scrupulous as a Protestant than I am as a Catholic, because the Protestants are like “Interpret the Bible on your own, go on, do it!!” and the Catholics are like “We got you, here’s what you need to do, plain and simple”. The difference is, Protestants are much more lenient about things and believe that as long as you feel sorry, you are forgiven - or even that you don’t need to be sorry as long as you have faith. It’s still definitely possible to be scrupulous, but it’s less obvious because you don’t have people asking about things like Should I go to confession and whatnot.
Basically, scrupulosity happens when one takes rules too seriously, and when there are so many less rules it manifests itself much more subtly.

As I have said before in my other threads I feel very sorry for guys because of the way some women dress, nothing is left to the imagination, its a bit like the glass Cabinet, everything is on display. So its definitely harder and more trying I can imagine, one can only try and try the Lord understands if some woman has crossed your path with her dress up to her tush, and its so low at the front they are nearly topless, I as a woman cringe, and I mean cringe when I see women dressed like that I don’t know if they do it for fashion, to be noticed, or what, but one thing I do wish they would invest in a mirror in there homes and look into it before they leave the house. The hookers are dressed more respectable.

I really do feel very sorry for you guys especially good Catholic guys who go to Confession.

I as a normal male do not see every thought that enters my mind when I see a pretty girl as a sin or lust. I see it more as natural hard wiring. It is not as if you immediately have any ill-intention to the woman, rather you find her attractive. If you allowed impure thoughts that is a different story, however, a regular male is not instantly transported to lust.
I think we can get strung up about being purely human and find sin in every neural synaptic discharge.

Nothing wrong with admiring the opposite gender, just so long it does not become an obsession, if that’s the case, then speak to someone about it…

Jesus Divine Mercy to St. Faustina.

1641 At adoration during the Forty-Hours’ Devotion, the Lord said to me, My daughter, write that involuntary offenses of souls do not hinder My love for them or prevent Me from uniting Myself with them. But voluntary offenses, even the smallest, obstruct My graces, and I cannot lavish My gifts on such souls.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.