Am i done?

So i have been away from Jesus for many years and just came back to him this year. I became lost because i got into the bible and was confused. Actually it has been going on for these last few months. Anyways can i still be saved? I have been following protestants this year but actually i didnt actually know about the many thousand denomations out there and i guess my heart has been hardened

These verses make me think i am not
I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He [a]prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already **clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit [c]of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. John 1:1-5

keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith. 1 Timothy 1:19

of course there are parables like the Prodigal son and the lost coin but i think i am beyond redemption. Anything i should do?**

You can still be saved. Any thought that you cannot be saved comes from the devil and must be ignored. Your sins are not even a drop compared to the ocean of God’s mercy :hug1:

No one is beyond God’s mercy! St. Paul also uses the vine analogy speaking of the Jews and the Gentiles. Although the Jews have been broken off due to their infidelity, they are not without hope of salvation: And [the Jews] also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

Go to confession.

The fact that you feel remorse for sin and fear damnation sort of indicates you are not lost, don’t you think?

FIFY :thumbsup:

How is human sacrifice a moral act ? How is scapegoating a moral act ?

I would encourage the OP to read more of the bible, perhaps then they will come to the conclusion it is man made and describes a hideous mythical being.

If he exists, just this week hasn’t the god of the bible just wiped out largely innocent lives in the Phillipines ?

When Jesus was still on earth, he made Peter the prime minister of his Church, and the Catholic Church continues today on the successors of Peter. It is the Catholic Church that choose which books would be in the Bible, and the Church is the interpreter and keeper of the scriptures. We don’t have to depend if Pastor so and so, if he got it right or not. We have the continuous teaching of the Church from the beginning.

The ordinary means of salvation is to get baptized. After baptism, we can receive forgiveness of our sins, healing, and strength, by going to confession to a priest. Jesus told the apostles, what you bind on earth are bound, what you loose on earth is loosed. We see this especially in confession with the priest. We all have our struggles with sin as long as we are here. You and I both can strive to live the life that Christ has called us to live, and we can hope in heaven and being with him for eternity. It’s not a one time thing, but a process. A walking along on a journey. At any time we are free to abandon God, or to come back. It’s a wonderful practice to begin the day with Christ, and say to him that you choose to walk with him this day.

God bless and strengthen you today.

this

if you had no hope of salvation, you would not be writing posts like you are now. unrepentent people just do not do that kind of thing. that being said, everyone has hope of repentence and salvation. it’s just a matter if they are willing to respond to it or not

Of course the first thing to do is to pray…

Were you baptized Catholic, and if so, did you receive your First Holy Communion and Confirmation?

If so, call your parish and make an appointment to speak with a priest. Explain your exact situation, and he will be able to advise you as to your next steps, according to your situation.

If you are not Catholic but are interested in becoming Catholic or just learning more about Catholicism, call the parish and see if you can join in their RCIA program. It may be too late to actually convert this year but you will still be able to learn.

The Catholic Church teaches that one’s sins can be forgiven until death–after we die, we go to be judged by Christ. So, yes, you can enter the process of salvation now no matter what your situation is, because you are still alive.

If you see what Protestants teach just about entering into a relationship with God, you will see how confusing trying to read the Bible for theological information is: they have at least 7 different points of view, each of which “come from the Bible”.

This is because people seem to think the Bible is a different kind of book than it really is. It is not a textbook.

Christ taught the Apostles, founded His Church on the stewardship of one of them and his successors, and Christ, Who cannot lie and Who is all-powerful, promised to protect the Church from teaching error.

God loves you and is calling you back to Him. Say yes to Him! Make he angels rejoice over your return to Him!

I replied to your other thread (the one with many questions), but I’ll make the same comment here.

As others have said, as long as you have breath in your body, it’s not too late to return to the Church and the faith of your fathers.

Go to your nearest parish and meet with the priest, he can help you sort out your situation, and get you into RCIA so that you can finally be catechized and confirmed in the Church.

In the meantime there are many good Catholic resources to use to educate yourself on the faith. One of these is the Catechism of the Catholic Church, available for free at the Vatican website.

Another (of many) are books like Fr. Kenneth Ryan’s “Catholic Questions, Catholic Answers”, and there are many others available that explain the Catholic faith (instead of reading what non-Catholics* think* about the Catholic faith).

God be with you.

divinemercy.com/

… Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet. (Diary, 699)

… The greater the sinner, the greater the right he has to My mercy. My mercy is confirmed in every work of My hands. He who trusts in My mercy will not perish, for all his affairs are Mine, and his enemies will be shattered at the base of My footstool. (Diary, 723)

Jesus looked at me and said, Souls perish in spite of My bitter Passion. I am giving them the last hope of salvation; that is, the Feast of My Mercy. If they will not adore My mercy, they will perish for all eternity. Secretary of My mercy, write, tell souls about this great mercy of Mine, because the awful day, the day of My justice, is near. (Diary, 965)

[BIBLEDRB]s[/BIBLEDRB]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.