am i going to hell?

does a person who breaks her vows to god go to hell? is that a mortal sin? for the last three nights i have had the same dream. i rise up out of my body and go to hell, then i cry out for jesus and return to my body and then i ask for forgiveness and then ii rise up out of my body again and go to hell. the demons torment me and say i am disobediant to christ. does this mean god is trying to warn me i’m going to hell?

Could be. Or it could just be a dream (or even Satan trying to make you lose hope of salvation, which could lead you to Hell). Remember, there is no sin more powerful than the Blood Christ spilled on the Cross. Any and all sins can be forgiven. Repent, accept forgiveness and move on. Breaking a vow can be a mortal sin, depending on various factors, but even mortal sins are forgivable. In the end, the only sin that God can’t wash away is the one we don’t repent of.

BTW, this is one reason Christ gave His Apostles (and their successors today) the power to forgive sins in the sacrament of confession. If you were a Catholic you could go to confession and know your sins are forgiven. I’d recommend looking into the Catholic Church, converting, and seeking sacramental forgiveness of your sins. I don’t mean that to come off “preachy”, but Christ knew we need both a spiritual and a physical relationship with Him in this world, which is why He established sacraments.

I’ll say a prayer for you.

God vs god / and ya can’t go to hell before you die.

Remember the Devil is a trickster and deceiver, his powers are nothing next to the love and forgiveness of Christ. You have my thoughts and prayers. B:gopray2:

Breaking a vow can be a mortal sin but I can say if it is or not in this case. If you have repented to the best of your ability be at peace. The devil will try to torture souls that are close to God

If the vow to God that you broke has to do with sinning, for example, you promised not to commit THAT sin again, please do not despair. We’ve all (or most of us) done that. When we repent, it is well and necessary that we resolve not to sin again, but we are weak and may fail again. Avoid making vows or oaths you cannot keep. Do not use vows or oaths to “bargain” with God for mercy, or to “force” yourself to be virtuous. Pray to God for strength to overcome temptation. Avoid situations that lead to sin. Go to Reconciliation (Confession) more often to receive absolution, and follow closely any advice the priest gives you.

May the Holy Spirit strengthen your faith, assure you of God’s love, and assist you always in your struggles.

Pray this when you are able to wake up from those dreams:

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen…

ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/michael.htm

Pray the Prayer to St Michael as part of your night prayers before going to bed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.