Am I in any danger? Did God want me here?

I’m not sure where to post this. If this is the wrong place for the thread I apologize.
My parents when they came to America were blessed with a girl, my sister, whom they love and are so happy with. They loved her but also wanted to have a son as well. My father came back to the “old country” in Eastern Europe and visited a guy that was well known in the area for “helping people,” “breaking spells,” etc… He died a long time ago, and he was Christian, an Eastern Orthodox man to be exact. So my father visited him an I believe gave him some object of whatever and said not to worry, a son will be born. And now here I am. I am that son.

My family is all Roman Catholic. The thing is that my parents and many those from the old village didn’t know too much Catechism, although many went to Mass, worshiped God and so on. As I got older I got more interested in my Catholic faith. I started reading the Bible, going to Mass almost every Sunday, I pray every day and every night, etc. In my journey of learning more about my faith I learned about never to consult mediums, witch-doctors, wizards, etc… Personally, I reject all occult things, however I still fear that maybe I’m in some danger of being the “product” of occult things…

My question is this: Am I in any danger?? Am I artificially created?? I want to be here because God wills me to be here, an because God Himself created me - and not some “witch-doctor” or whatever they’re called.

Thanks and God Bless

You can relax and know that you are here because God wants you to be here and he Loves you as much as He loves every one of us. He will protect you as he does all of His children. That is not to say you won’t suffer tribulations or trials, but it is to say that God has not turned his back on you.

Chances are that occult offering didn’t even have any impact at all and it’s just a coincidence. Nontheless, you have done nothing wrong, you are a legitimate child and you are a son of the one true God.

Rest easy my friend. God loves you no less than anyone else and you share in ALL of His promises.

Might it be possible this revered elder encouraged your father to seek the intercession of a local saint, or one with male-child associations? Such a thing might have seemed like a magical intervention to your father, if he did not know his faith well. I too have prayed, “If it is Thy will, could so-and-so have a child”.

Whatever was going on before your conception, you are certainly an answer to prayer. And for the miracle of your life, let us give glory to God!

Hello, ag11. Welcome to CAF!
I’m certainly not an expert on these things, but I don’t think anyone can really be a “product” of occult things. Even if you were, I don’t see how that would make any difference at this point. You are here on earth, you reject the occult, and you are part of God’s Church.
As for being created by God… You can be sure that God created you and has a purpose for you on earth. Even if you were born because of a occult sin, (which I doubt considering the vagueness of your post on whatever happened with your father going to see the Eastern Orthodox man), it’s probably similar to being born from any other sin (rape, adultery, fornication, etc.) which happens quite often. God still created rape babies even though they were born from a sin. People born from these sins aren’t particularly tainted because of them. You can’t choose the circumstances of your birth. I don’t think you are in danger because of whatever may have happened surrounding your birth, but if you ever feel threatened by a demon, just pray. God will protect you.

Only God can create a soul. PERIOD. You are not a “product” of occult. However, it does sound as if there was something a little weird with this man that your dad consulted. I don’t know what you meant by “gave him an object” but that seems odd. If he was Eastern Orthodox, it is possible he was just a devout man who prayed and had a Word of Knowledge. However, just to be on the safe side (particularly because something is bothering your conscience about the matter), I would recommend praying some deliverance prayers, also maybe offering a Mass for your intentions this matter. There are many prayers for spiritual deliverance, and I would suggest you pray one of them that specifically rejects all occult ties, spiritual mediums, witchcraft, or anything else you think may be involved. Then just give it to the Lord and be done worrying about. Here is an example of the kind of prayer I am talking about, you can surely adapt it to your needs.

Heavenly Father, in the name of your only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, I denounce Satan and all his works, all forms of witchcraft, the use of divination, the practice of sorcery, dealing with mediums, channeling with spirit guides, the Ouija board, astrology, Reiki, hypnosis, automatic writing, horoscopes, numerology, all types of fortune telling, palm readings, levitation, and anything else associated with the occult or Satan. I denounce all of them in the name of Jesus Christ who came in the flesh, and by the power of his cross, his blood and his resurrection, I break their hold over my life.
I confess all these sins before you and ask you to cleanse and forgive me. I ask you Lord Jesus to enter my heart and create in me the kind of person you have intended me to be. I ask you to send forth the gifts of your Holy Spirit to baptize me, just as you baptized your disciples on the day of Pentecost.

I thank you heavenly Father for strengthening my inner spirit with the power of your Holy Spirit, so that Christ may dwell in my heart. Through faith, rooted and grounded in love, may I be able to comprehend with all the saints, the breadth, length, height and depth of Christ’s love which surpasses all knowledge. Amen.

Do you have that object and can it be burned?

I would absolutely not worry about this, because the man in Easyern Europe has no power over God. God made you despite this odd event, not because of it. Thank God for your life and for your salvation as in the Morning Offering prayer!

O my God, I adore Thee, and I love Thee with all my heart. I thank Thee for having created me, for having saved me by Thy grace, and for having preserved me during this night. I offer Thee all my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day. Grant that they may be all on accordance with Thy will, and may Thy grace be with me always and with those I love–Amen.

A witch doctor has no power to create a body it soul in anyway. Your soul is made by God and so is your body through your parents. God created you long before you were a thought of your parents.

It goes back to the scripture " even before you were in the womb I know you"

Ag11 you are not a golem but a human with a soul made by God who loves you enough to die for you.

And

A witch doctor has no power to create a body it soul in anyway.

Both are correct and give good advice in my opinion. I understand the concern that you may have something of an occult “touch” to your life but have no fear, God has claimed you as His own (your search and pursuit of the Catholic faith confirms that since that is actually in response to Him calling you).

Be at peace!

I have found it helpful to develop a devotion to St. Michael the Archangel. I also believe daily prayer of the Divine Mercy Chaplet and the Rosary will be helpful (Divine Mercy Chaplet is particularly strong in breaking oppression of any kind). The chaplet of St. Michael is good too.

I would like to Thank everyone here for your responses. After reading these responses and doing some thinking/reflecting, I feel much better. I will say a special prayer for you guys today as well.

I feel much at peace now. Again, thank you my friends for your responses to this thread.

St Michael, Blessed Virgin Mary, St. Joseph, St. Jude, our Guardian Angels, as well as all the Angels and Saints in Heaven, pray for us all!

Thanks be to God for everything!!

Glad you are at peace.

As others said, there is ONE Creator, and that is God alone. No creature (angel, human, or demon) has ever created anything. We simply can’t.

You were created by God, and His sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, and Confession have cleaned, purified, strengthened, and healed you through and through. So keep praying, keep going to Mass, and keep partaking of the sacraments as often as possible!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.