Am I just being scrupulous?

Today when I was walking out of Mass I think I saw something out of the Corner of my eye on the floor. My first thought was that it was a Communion Host, but I said “I highly doubt that is a Host”, and continued walking out without going back to look. Should I go back and look?

Am I just being scrupulous?

Yes.

So your saying I should go back or that I am scrupulous?

Yes (scrupulous), but it wouldn’t hurt anything to go back. It really doesn’t matter. One way or the other, don’t worry about it.

Well I’m home now, if It was what I thought It was, would it be disrespect to not go check?:confused:

You must always double check.

You could call the office Monday

I can call the office good idea but the more I think about it the more I think that I am scrupulous.

I don’t think this is a matter of scrupulosity. It happens a lot. When you drive by somewhere and think “Did I just see…?” you have to make the decision of whether it’s worth going back to check or not. And what would be your course of action if it’s what you thought it was? Maybe a simple phone call will suffice; don’t worry if you think it sounds weird.

Think what sounds weird? All sounds good to me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.